News Group Provider?

h4rdluck

Veteran X
I've had SSL-News for a few years but recently its been less effective.

I signed up for a trial with pureusenet because I thought it was on a different backbone or whatever but apparently i was wrong.

What usenet provider are you using as its time for me to purchase another block. Or what strategies do you have? purchasing blocks from two separate newsgroups? I have difficulty determine who sells resale from who even with all the damn graphs and what not out there.

I go to news.google.com but recently they made a change where if you don't directly downward it swipes to the left and goes to some other page. It's pretty annoying

I used news groups years ago, can you still get pretty much everything from them?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dunno. isnt it safer - your ip goes out to everyone when torrenting?
and you dont have to keep any ratio

Get a seedbox for the same price you'll be paying for newsgroups and then not only can you easily maintain your torrent ratio you can acquire shit more privately.

I dunno its like 30 bucks for for me to buy a couple hundred gig block and typically lasts about a year. I very rarely have to torrent anything and dunno feels a lot safer to use usenet. If i torrent something its going to be a movie from the 80's or 90's because it can be hard to find those with only a 1-4 year retention.

Surprised that few here are using it anymore.

I'm not a huge downloader but for certain things it is still invaluable.

newsgroups > torrents

if u have a capped internet plan, torrents essentially use double the bandwidth as you have to upload as much as you d/l

+ full speed on all files, i hate trying to find some unpopular torrent and getting 5k/s for a week straight cause theres only one seeder left who throttled their upload to nothing

Back