News: And the beta previews come in..

Tal-IGN said:
4) Marweas sucks, but I still love him. He and Sluggo from GameSpy were the only guys I could regularly kill in the beta :0)

He just can't stop selling Tribes. You kill him a lot, so you have more fun playing, so you write a more positive review. ;)

KittyCat said:
Its hard for me to grasp the fact that triple got in this guy doesn't have a clue about tribes. He has never played in a single t1 or even t2 match in his life. He most likely got in because hes an admin here. Maybe im just bitter about myself not getting in but really they did a great job picking on system specs and and well known community names.

People who have never played a game often make the best beta testers. They're not hung up on whether T1 or T2 was better/worse, and tend to focus on finding and killing bugs, which is the point of a beta. It's not favoritism or a prize, getting to play before everyone else. It's a process to fix the game.

From the sound of it, you'd be a real shitty beta tester.

JodoFett said:
I hope it's as awesome as t1's was, that game had amazing netcode.
For the time...yes. The fakies/nonregs were kind of annoying though.
T2's netcode was not half bad either... after it was patched a couple billion times ;)

UT2k3/4's Netcode is totally inferior to both, IMO. I really hope they at least souped it up significantly for T:V. /fingers crossed

-cyanide- said:
ut2k4 has [strike]good[/strike] adequate netcode
fixed.
Can't play a single game of UT2K4 without it going all jumpy at least once.
I have a solid connection and I have configured my router correctly.
Either UT2k4 has consistantly crappy servers, or it has sub-par netcode. I'm thinking it's the latter, considering I don't have any problems with most other online games.

KittyCat said:
Its great knowing that the Beta wasn't biased. :lol:

People like badmofo(t2 newbie) and triple(remember the fact that triple never played t1 or t2 in his life) get in because they are admins and suck marweas dick.

You know this guy is just :cry: cause last time I checked :marweas: didn't pick anyone for beta.......but I guess even if you don't work for the company you still have those mad marketing skillz to pick who you want to be in huh Weaz.......

<3 ya weasle

KittyCat said:
Its hard for me to grasp the fact that triple got in this guy doesn't have a clue about tribes.
If you were a game designer, wouldn't you want to know how the n00bs feel about your game? For the most part, hardcore Tribers would buy an empty box if IG called it T3 (and then half the community would whine about the box art). The n00bs which IG are trying to attract are either going to play and get hooked like the rest of us 'vets' or they will play and say 'too hard, back to cs for me'. IG probably wants to see if that's the case BEFORE the game goes gold. BTW I have no idea about triple's background, so I dunno if the claims against him are true...I just wanted to point out the reason why have just as much a place in the closed beta as true tribers do.

Mofo was obviously IG smoking monkey pole to get in, though when he finished he was probably like "beta? what beta?"

Back