Newegg the best?

Blaze

Veteran X
I'm putting together a new computer and I was going to get the parts off of Newegg which I usually do but I wanted to know if there was a better vendor before I laid down $600.

Prices aren't always the lowest, but they're usually pretty close. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars for the knowledge that I'm dealing with a site that isn't going to fuck me over or cheat me.

Prices aren't always the lowest, but they're usually pretty close. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars for the knowledge that I'm dealing with a site that isn't going to fuck me over or cheat me.
agreed.

And just did a return with them, and it seems to be going very smoothly. Just waiting for the refund to show up back into my credit card.

refunds / exchanges are so easy and the stuff is cheap compared to most. ease, good selection, good customer service, large database of customer reviews.. hard not to use newegg :)

Sometimes there's issues with NewEgg and my creditcard/shipping, but other than that I really like the business. You can also check out TigerDirect--their prices are pretty much the same.

Very low prices, not as low as, say, tigerdirect.com. But newegg will take back anything. You can call 24/7 wiht questions, they'll give answers (with an indian dialect) but they'll be answers. And, most importantly, they'll bend over backwards to make you happy.

Bought a 9800pro years ago. Tried to put a HS on it that didnt fit from the box. They took both back with an apology, no questions asked (both werew opened, GFX card had th heatsink off)

Cant go wrong with Newegg, trust me.

I wonder why they never give discounts or coupons to their loyal customers. I probably spent over $7k from their site.

I like Geeks.com because their prices are always so great. However, their RMA is fucking ridiculously horrible. I sent those fuckers five god damn emails about a broken pair of headphones, and I only got a response on my first email which said, "I will forward this to the support department" (all of my subsequent emails were addressed directly to that department).

/rant :(

And yes, Newegg is great.

i had the same experience with geeks.com. took me 2 weeks to get a damn refund and they had not even shipped the item :(

TigerDirect's always had the best shipping for me (receiving items day after order on 3-day shipping), but NewEgg generally has more parts to choose from as well as better prices.

I've only had one problem with anything purchased from Newegg, and that was a 12-bay 3U firewire hard drive enclosure. When we unpacked it, it just had a pre-owned look to it.

The hard drive cages had round scratches at the mounting holes, suggesting a hard drive had been mounted there previously

One of the handles was scratched on the side, hard to do unless you're putting it in a rack

The PSU and the surrounding metal was pushed slightly into the case

Some of materials were missing from the package

We filed a RMA request, and it was promptly returned, shipping at our expense, but they credited us $30 for shipping. The new one that arrived was in perfect condition and has worked fine.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg

This sort of rating doesn't happen by chance:
Overall Customer Satisfaction Rating
Six-Month Rating: 9.83 / 10
Six-Month Reviews: 1866
Lifetime Reviews: 12952
Lifetime Rating: 9.67 / 10

No one's even close when you take into account the number of reviews:
newegg.jpg

Last edited:
I can usually find better prices on zipzoomfly, plus zzfly has free shipping on pretty much anything. Only problems are their website kinda sucks and i hear their RMA process is mediocre. You usually can't beat the prices though.

Back