New Valve Lithographs, Can't Decide On Which To Get

i wont deny that they are neeto looking and all

it's just that if i were spending my own money on artwork to put on my wall, i'd choose something more emotionally substantial than a concept rendering of a videogame

Ummm

Emotion is subjective, as is much of what constitutes art.

While Guernica may have subject matter that is more "emotionally substantial" than Half Life 2, this doesn't discount anything that's intrinsic in the HL2 works.

I'm a proponent of how something "hits" you when you first see it. Then understanding the "meaning" or subject matter later, and weighing the 2 against each other. If it enhances the piece overall great. Guernica is an example of how the subject matter is intense, but the representation is just retarded :lol:

I've never liked much of picasso's cubist/surrealist pieces. It's just him trying to do something that hasn't been done before. While i appreciate the spirit of the endeavor...the execution falls really flat. I LOVE his work from his early teens though, specifically his figure studies. He was definitly a master at a really young age.

Anyone know where I can get Armin Hofmann posters?
Or any bauhaus or basel design posters?

I got one of their earlier lithographs, they're outstanding

citadel.jpg

that actually looks nice, the two in the op look gay.

i actually had in my hands the #2 print of that citadel lithograph, we gave it away as part of some contest if i recall correctly

i'd hang that on a wall fo sho

When they say lithograph, does that imply these are hand printed? Or just printed using a lithograph process aided by computers?

Back