New Rogue - Thoughts?

So far in all the 25m's I've been in, no combat rogue (with better gear) has beaten me in dps as mutilate. I don't know why people are combat unless the 20ish rogues I've seen in shadow gear just totally blow ass.

Mut is basically the same thing except you don't even keep snd up it auto-refreshes. Mut Mut envenom. Mut Mut Envenom. Every minute HFB. that's it!

So far in all the 25m's I've been in, no combat rogue (with better gear) has beaten me in dps as mutilate. I don't know why people are combat unless the 20ish rogues I've seen in shadow gear just totally blow ass.

It's funny because i keep asking the 2 other rogues in my guild why they're mutilate (the answer is because we don't have any combat weapons lololol fuck). Mut is still very competitive...but when i can edge them out as combat on single target fights it kind of leaves you wondering what the advantage is to mutilate when combat just destroys it on anything with an add.

short answer: yes the combat rogues you know suck and/or aren't gearing properly

It's funny because i keep asking the 2 other rogues in my guild why they're mutilate (the answer is because we don't have any combat weapons lololol fuck). Mut is still very competitive...but when i can edge them out as combat on single target fights it kind of leaves you wondering what the advantage is to mutilate when combat just destroys it on anything with an add.

short answer: yes the combat rogues you know suck and/or aren't gearing properly

The problem with combat when I was playing was the fact that the weapons never fucking dropped.

I had to use inferior weapons every tier of the way. Even then, prior to the poison changes, it was close. Mut was obviously much better until the nerf again. But damn, we had a total of 2 (MH) Axes drop in ToC off Anub regular in about 30 kills or something ridiculous.

you beat him by .09% :p
and is the gear equivalent? etc etc.

Just saying, from my experience, I destroy every combat rogue I have faced minus the one that had 300 more GS than me. Of course if there are multiple targets they do more dmg, still I have edged out almost every single one that ive grouped with in ToGC, Ony, ICC, whatever.

Last edited:

Just saying, from my experience, I destroy every combat rogue I have faced minus the one that had 300 more GS than me. Of course if there are multiple targets they do more dmg, still I have edged out almost every single one that ive grouped with in ToGC, Ony, ICC, whatever.

Their gear is pretty similar, checkout WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings, you can compare to see the differences (1 pt in gs).

2.2%, actually.

Also, look at Putricide.

Here is my combat rogue alt. I run combat for all non raid fights. Yes it is because I am lazy and do not want to have to rupture every min to keep HFB up. I just find it is easier more consistant dps for me.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Degeneration @ Turalyon - Profile

That have a hard time in PVP of corse with this combat system. So I am wanting to switch my Mut spec I have now to a more pvp friendly one. I have been looking for some good info on PVP now with Mut. What to open with on who ect. Any one got any sites? Looked at EJ and they rest mostly on the PVE side, and also MMO champ but have not found much.

Here is my combat rogue alt. I run combat for all non raid fights. Yes it is because I am lazy and do not want to have to rupture every min to keep HFB up. I just find it is easier more consistant dps for me.

That have a hard time in PVP of corse with this combat system. So I am wanting to switch my Mut spec I have now to a more pvp friendly one. I have been looking for some good info on PVP now with Mut. What to open with on who ect. Any one got any sites? Looked at EJ and they rest mostly on the PVE side, and also MMO champ but have not found much.

You don't have a warrior or a feral druid at all? Or do you mean you run combat for heroics and shit?

I always wanted to run mut for pvp and combat for pve, but like I said above, weapons never dropped. That was one of the biggest reasons I got bored of the game I think - running mutilate on both specs.

Yeah I mean I run combat for 5 man heroics, and the Mut spec for Raids when I know I will have a bleed on the mob keeping me from needing to use rupture for HFB.

Hey! We're on the same server!

The World of Warcraft Armory - Terra @ Turalyon - Profile

Come say hi sometime.

Nice 2s team there Terra.

You like that? New server and haven't had any time for arena so I've been just getting random people off trade for 10 games here and there.

Don't bother trolling me unless you have gotten gladiator and/or above 2700. :)

Back