New pc to run MA

I know nothing about computers can you guys direct me to some good sites to order a complete pc i don't want to make one and i earn 2 k a week so i'm not fussed on price ... but at the same time i don't wanna get ripped but really don't care...

I don't mind spending a good amount and having something that will last a while.

i just put in a 1070 and stress tested it w/ my old hardware and it i competitive

it ran well on an old hd6850 but wilderzone wnet sub 15 fps

Local hardware geeks are here: Latest OCAU News - Overclockers Australia

I like this shop in Sydney: IJK Online Store IT / Computers

If you're a hardware newb, it can be better to look at some of these prebuilts, they are listed on hardware sites as "systems".

IJK Online Store IT / Computers

It's easy to read reviews on components if you like.

Then post the list of parts on a forum here, or OCA or somewhere. I tend to email it to some IT firends to look over. Then take a standard "system" as is, or change some bits for something better.

I'd stay away from any name brand systems like HP, or Del, or any of that stuff. You want a case with good bits in it, not a package from Hardley Normal, or Officeworks or any of that crud.

Set a budget and then review the list with some people, and mention your budget.

Good luck.

Go to a LAN and ask the LAN dudes, or LAN hosts what they recon.

Personally, I prefer Intel CPU, and Nvidia Graphics. You can normally do cheaper with AMD, but who f'n cares when we want the frame per seconds eh? We got the $$$ right?

Give me more frames per second!

And get off wireless if you playing FPS games on wireless.

And get the SSD options. and an insane amount of RAM. Just keep asking them to bump the RAM up till they tell you your mad, then say "yeah thats what I want". Then tell them you want 2 of those new fancy videos cards, SLI those biatches. Again they will tell you your mad, just tell them to put the video f'n cards in the machine and make it faster.

I'd stay with Windows 7.

And don't let anything Apple touch your PC. No iphones, ipads, or watching any video on the net that uses any of their ghey potato codecs.

And get a massive monitor, go 28". Check the specs of the monitor here or OCA first. Not all monitors are the same.

Check out Razor for keyboards and mouse.

Set fire to any console you own. Do it outside.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If you in Vic you could go to this LAN an talk to these dudes about the ultimate gaming rig.

In Vic: Respawn LAN - Events.v1

Date 10:00am Saturday, 15 Oct 2016 until
3:00pm Sunday, 16 Oct 2016
Location Melbourne, Australia
Venue Union Hall, Latrobe Uni
Admission fee $40
Players 145 / 430 (400 prepaid max)

GTX 1070 cards are the sweet spot for price vs performance but from what I can gather all the boards being made now have switched to Micron memory from Samsung. You could get higher overclocks on Samsung and that's what all the review samples used.

It sucks when they change components like that either due to availability (or lack of in the case of Samsung) or to save a buck.

there's threads all over the place about winning the "Samsung" lottery on 1070 cards.

Nvidia gtx 1070 vram lottery (micron or Samsung)??? | [H]ard|Forum

ASUS Strix 1070 ALL Using Micron Memory ICs? - Page 4

nvidia is looking into releasing bios code to correct issues dealing with the changes in memory to Micron.

Last edited:
He doesn't need to sperg out with a bunch of noodle armed nerds at a lan.

He just wants a half decent pre built gaming PC.

Dude is a machine and also needs time for all the drugs and roids and shit that he does. No time for counting gigapixels and shit.

Just get something with an Nvidia 1070 and you'll be slaying pussy by that afternoon

Back