New Ninja Gaiden game for PS3

MST3K-rules

Contributor
Veteran X
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158162.html

It's called Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

There's some screenshots too but for some reason gamespot is loading like dick for me.

I'm really confused though. Is this actually a new game? Or is this a really souped up port of Ninja Gaiden Black? Hard to tell because Team Ninja's graphical style is so weird and unnatural (skin tones and body shapes I mean).

If this is an actual sequel that's PS3 exclusive then this is probably the first game besides Metal Gear where I was like "Darn, wish that was on the 360."

None of the javascript window launchers are working for me, in IE or FF. :\

Edit: Fucking Ad-Watch.

Last edited:
yeah there have been rumors for a long time that ninja gaiden was going to the ps3. that sucks, they better release it for the 360 as well

new game...

Leading the pack is the official announcement of Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the next-gen system. The game will once again be developed by Tomonobu Itagaki's Team Ninja, and will be the first Ninja Gaiden game since Ninja Gaiden Black for the Xbox. Few details have been released about the game, other than its Japanese release date--spring 2007. However, screenshots released indicate that the blonde-haired Rachel will be a playable character.

out in 2007? of course its a goddamned remake

you dont even have to click the link to know that with 95% certainty

they will just add some extra bits with the same attack patterns

Like anything in the gaming industry isn't a remake of something else anyway... I'm sure nintendo's "remakes" of mario weren't that cool either. Right? :p:

Like anything in the gaming industry isn't a remake of something else anyway... I'm sure nintendo's "remakes" of mario weren't that cool either. Right? :p:
Those are called sequels. This is a straightup remake with a few additives. There's a big difference. Yes, sequels can be just as uninspired but they aren't that way by definition.

They're never straight up remakes. They always innovate by adding things like raccoon tails and capes. Duh.

there's a difference between a sequel and a remake

super mario 3 was not a "remake" of super mario 2

if super mario 3 was exactly like super mario 2 but you could select birdo as a character, then you've got ninja gaiden for ps3

Well, the trailer does look badass. They stuck in some interesting things. New bad guys, new weapons, playable Rachel, and at least 1 new boss. All the locations appear to be the same though. Hopefully someone I know will buy a PS3 so I can play this.

Back