New New GIF (animated) Thread

Ah frame damage from accident not properly fixed.

Most passenger cars haven't had frames since the 80's. The 2006 Crown Vic was the last of the full framed cars - and police cars. That Charger has no full frame, maybe a subframe at each end with control arms for the independant front and rear. Hell, even Jeep Cherokees and most SUV's are frameless. Dude hit a curb hard enough to move one of the rear wheels, or one of the control arms simply rusted through allowing the passenger rear wheel to move forward. This would throw off the rear alignment enough to dog track like that.

Going to make a bold prediction. The alignment was severely offset like that on purpose to record a video for the interwebs.

Most passenger cars haven't had frames since the 80's. The 2006 Crown Vic was the last of the full framed cars - and police cars. That Charger has no full frame, maybe a subframe at each end with control arms for the independant front and rear. Hell, even Jeep Cherokees and most SUV's are frameless. Dude hit a curb hard enough to move one of the rear wheels, or one of the control arms simply rusted through allowing the passenger rear wheel to move forward. This would throw off the rear alignment enough to dog track like that.

well learn something new erry day

well learn something new erry day
2vy0x4.png

Unibody vs full frame in a truck.

In a unibody car the windshield is part of the structure and adds stiffening to it.
Most unibody cars have a subframe or engine cradle in the front that locates engine, transmission and suspension parts. This is attached to the rest of the car with just 4 bolts! In trucks the cab is attached to the frame in a similar manner, sometimes with as few as 6 bolts.

unibody-frame-vs-body-on-frame.jpg

the last accident I was in I had "frame damage" which was back in 1986 I think. Have not paid much attention to that since apparently.

the last accident I was in I had "frame damage" which was back in 1986 I think. Have not paid much attention to that since apparently.

It was probably unibody unless it was a big American car. But if you say unibody to a layperson they look at you like a deer in the headlights.

It's like using the word "shoe" to describe a glove. Stop it.

Back