New M5 - Best car in the (real) world

Honestly there is no real alternative to BMW the closest thing Audi but Audi's are probably even more douchey then BMW at this point.

The Audi styling has picked up lately but I wasn't a fan of driving a luxury car that looked exactly like a Jetta / Passat.

I've never driven an A8 but the a4 / 6 drove like ass compared to 3 / 5 series.

Plus they are fairly douchey. Get it in white for extra douche.

Honestly there is no real alternative to BMW the closest thing Audi but Audi's are probably even more douchey then BMW at this point.

I would have said exactly the same thing until I picked my Jag up 2 weeks ago. My choice was limited to the brands my company distributes, if I had Audi on the list no way I choose a Jag, but I are truly surprise. No shit, it really is THAT good.

You have to be fucking kidding me. I drove a Challenger SS, handles like a fucking boat. How unsurprising. You put the BMW drivetrain in that POS and it will just fall off the road as soon as anyone mentions a bend.

You're talking raw performance, I'm not. I've always liked American styling over boring Euro shit unless you're getting into exotics. The beauty of American muscle is that you can fuck with it any way you want. Want a quarter mile monster? Easy. Want something that can handle itself at the track? Replace the suspension or just go nuts with aftermarket stuff. I could get a car that I liked physically, tweaked how I wanted and STILL save a lot of money over what a loaded M5 would cost. :shrug:

WTF is a Challenger SS btw?

5212034983_20cc578f46_b.jpg

m5 station wagon :drool:

I've never driven a M5, but I recently started financing a E92 M3 and i'm absolutely in love. I don't know how someone can even mention a Challenger when talking about M5's though.. that car is beyond generic and offers nothing special.

With all this being said, I would probably spend 150k on a different car.

You're talking raw performance, I'm not. I've always liked American styling over boring Euro shit unless you're getting into exotics. The beauty of American muscle is that you can fuck with it any way you want. Want a quarter mile monster? Easy. Want something that can handle itself at the track? Replace the suspension or just go nuts with aftermarket stuff. I could get a car that I liked physically, tweaked how I wanted and STILL save a lot of money over what a loaded M5 would cost. :shrug:

WTF is a Challenger SS btw?

Yeah SRT8 then, was getting it mixed up with the Camaro. That's how memorable all those cars aren't. And i'm not talking raw performance alone, i'm talking comfort, luxury, technology, safety, cars that won't throw you into a ditch with your hair on fire at every bend, and performance to die for.

Yeah the new muscle cars look good, that i'll give you, but the Challenger is the worst of the lot. The Camaro looks good. But then so does a cream donut filled with dogshit.

I'd rather get a GTR for cheaper

Yeah, that would be the huge dilemma that didn't exist for the last 2 versions of the M5. The Japs are getting scary. Saw another test with the Lexus LFA and the Ferrari 599 GTO. Just one mags opinion but the ricer took it down.

I'd rather get a GTR for cheaper

2 totally different cars tho. the gtr is an amaaaazing piece of work, but i'd hate to use it for a daily driver or commuter or getting-my-groceries-car.

actually just saw a gtr in chicago friday night. hadn't seen one up close before - that's a beautiful monster of a car.

best real world car has an automatic transmission and bench front (i.e. cake's "stickshifts and safety belts") and was made by a union worker in detroit some time before 1972

it is still wearing bias ply tires b/c that is how real men drive

Why is anyone even mentioning a charger in this thread le sigh this basically a super sedan a Challenger is not in same ballpark.

I agree with Mitch new jags are decent.

My next car is a lotus BMW m Porsche Aston or Jag. Nothing else will be considered.

Yeah SRT8 then, was getting it mixed up with the Camaro. That's how memorable all those cars aren't. And i'm not talking raw performance alone, i'm talking comfort, luxury, technology, safety, cars that won't throw you into a ditch with your hair on fire at every bend, and performance to die for.

Yeah the new muscle cars look good, that i'll give you, but the Challenger is the worst of the lot. The Camaro looks good. But then so does a cream donut filled with dogshit.

So angry. Muscle cars are for fucking around with. I wouldn't want one as a daily driver just for the gas burn alone. I realize it's heavy but I dig the body design of the thing over the current Camaro and Mustang. Hell I think it looks a lot better than most Audis and BMWs while we're at it. Oh and for 100k you fucking better be getting comfort, luxury and solid engineering compared to a car half its price.

If price and availability wasn't an issue I'd rather have a 1968 Olds completely reworked with modern equipment than some other generic sedan these days.

Saint dude stop being an oldster. If u want to get into old cars why not triumphs etc. That's the flaw in American muscle heads philosophy sometimes they forget the European cars of the time.

Why is anyone even mentioning a charger in this thread le sigh this basically a super sedan a Challenger is not in same ballpark.

I agree with Mitch new jags are decent.

My next car is a lotus BMW m Porsche Aston or Jag. Nothing else will be considered.

Purely talking aesthetics. :shrug:

So angry. Muscle cars are for fucking around with. I wouldn't want one as a daily driver just for the gas burn alone. I realize it's heavy but I dig the body design of the thing over the current Camaro and Mustang. Hell I think it looks a lot better than most Audis and BMWs while we're at it. Oh and for 100k you fucking better be getting comfort, luxury and solid engineering compared to a car half its price.

If price and availability wasn't an issue I'd rather have a 1968 Olds completely reworked with modern equipment than some other generic sedan these days.

Ah, you said "I dig". It's all clear now, no further questions.

obsessing over luxury cars is a waste of time/money

it's the male equivalent of buying designer clothes and handbags

obsessing over luxury cars is a waste of time/money

it's the male equivalent of buying designer clothes and handbags
This. If you spend over $30k on a car, you're a sucker. You will spend 99% of your driving time under 100mph, and if you're a man, you wont "need" leather seats or whatever the fuck else.

This. If you spend over $30k on a car, you're a sucker. You will spend 99% of your driving time under 100mph, and if you're a man, you wont "need" leather seats or whatever the fuck else.
there's something to be said about acceleration and the feel of the ride as well. it's not all about speed

Back