New Laptop, windows 8, wtfhalp

Daredevil

Veteran XX
got a new laptop that came with windows 8.

wtf is wrong with this shit. its fucking terrible. whats the best way to go, roll back to windows 7? get a "shell"? (any recommendations?). googling gets me a few options but would rather hear from someone on here. or, do get something like a "windows 8 start bar" like stardock's start8? will any of these, get rid of the stupid scrolling of my mousepad that brings up the stupid windows 8 bull shit, or should i just disable all scrolling minus web browsing?

halp

this x infinity

the hot corner for the start menu is even in the same fucking place

this.

And who presses the start button with the mouse anyways. keyboard shortcuts for the win. ctrl + escape, type first few letters of program, press enter. No different from the last 3-4 versions of windows.

this.

And who presses the start button with the mouse anyways. keyboard shortcuts for the win. ctrl + escape, type first few letters of program, press enter. No different from the last 3-4 versions of windows.

wow

d'yknow I have never done that

this.

Windows key brings that up in just one press. Win + R if you want to bring up the run dialogue directly. Win + E brings up explorer.

Am I the only one who never uses the start menu on any version of windows? Anything I use semi frequently gets a shortcut on the desktop. Browsers and media players get pinned to the quick launch. Shut down is Win + right arrow + enter. Log out is Win + L. There's almost no reason for me to ever click on Start manually unless I want to go to the control panel and Win + C brings that up if you have intellitype installed.

Back