New grill, quick question for the masters

Pilky

Veteran XV
Just picked this grill up from amazon on one of those gold box deals then e-mail you from time to time for the winter months and to bring to the beach and such.

Was wondering which side of the grate i'm better of using? One side is flat and wider and the other is like an upside down V.

64hv7b.jpg

i2ug3r.jpg

And a pic of the outside with my first meal. :drool::p:
2w2pjcw.jpg

ah no,
v side down - flat side up
The v down position allows the metal on the v sides to heat up slightly unevenly so that once the heat transfers to the broad metal side it will be evenly tempered. The point of the v being closer to the flame will get the hottest, but it has further to go so it'll all even out on the top flat broad side thereby cooking the meat more evenly and also giving less exposure to direct flaming.

severed makes an interesting point. also, in that configuration, wouldn't the ^ cause your meat to form around the tungs as it cooks making it stick to the grill?

do you bbq while sitting down with this model
yes but it needs to stay in the house when you use that feature

That is an ugly dog
u mad

ah no,
The v down position allows the metal on the v sides to heat up slightly unevenly so that once the heat transfers to the broad metal side it will be evenly tempered. The point of the v being closer to the flame will get the hottest, but it has further to go so it'll all even out on the top flat broad side thereby cooking the meat more evenly and also giving less exposure to direct flaming.

interesting theory. i was thinking the flat side myself but not because of this.

ah no,

V side

Back