new computer... windows install blue screens

Atrocious

Veteran X
i just ordered a new pc, and im having trouble getting it to install windows.
everything seems to work just fine except, randomly and abruptly it will blue screen/restart and then give me a long beep during POST.

specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8Ghz
Foxconn G9657MA MicroATX
Western Digital Raptor 74GB
2x1gb Geil DDR2 800
Lite On 20x DVDR+-R
BFG tech GeForce 7950 GT OC 512MB
Apevia X-QPACK case w/420w PSU

ive tried swapping out the DVD drive, Running with just one stick of ram, swapped out the PSU, and tried multiple things in BIOS but i can't get it to work. i have a feeling its the hard drive but i have no way of testing that.

any ideas?
thanks in advance

That would be a RAM issue. What do you have?

Yep, beep beep beep forever is no memory installed or detected. Re-seat it, try one stick at a time, and if those don't isolate the problem, then check for overheating (with your hand; you'll notice when something is way too hot).

If memory serves, most bios's have different codes for low-level memory failures. Some boards will also give the code for a bad memory config.

your memory runs at 1.9v. standard ddr2 memory runs at 1.8v. doublecheck your bios setting. maybe it's not configured properly.

I'd just get a new mobo if I were you. This one looks like it does everything and more than the Foxconn, and I'd trust MSI much more.

that mobo needs a bios upgrade to work with the new e4300 processor.

i figured out that it is in fact the ram, i put new ram in and im posting on the computer right now. invar i will try your idea out, if that doesnt work i am RMAing the ram and buying better quality stuff.

Why buy a high end processor, a high end video card, then throw it into a dogshit motherboard with some dogshit memory and a dogshit PSU? These are not parts you should be skimping out on. If you can't afford it, cut back on the processor and vid card. It will solve lots of headaches in the long run.

your memory runs at 1.9v. standard ddr2 memory runs at 1.8v. doublecheck your bios setting. maybe it's not configured properly.

thank you invar and the rest for all the help. all i needed to do was bump up the voltage. runs stable at 1.9v. YOU ROCK!:sunny:

Back