[New Computer] Finally decided to upgrade.

I know everybody is already insulting your $300 power supply, but I need to add to it.

Not only did you spend $300 on an unnecessary wattage power supply, but you bought one made by fucking ultra.

Ultra psus are known for one thing, and one thing only: going out in a blaze of glory and taking the rest of your components with it. So you'd better go spend a few more bucks on a fire extinguisher and some homeowners/renters insurance.

Also, you paid a fuckload of money on a motherboard chipset...that uses ATI Crossfire. You can't even go SLI to use a bit more of the $300 you wasted on the power supply.

Hey fucktard, if you had any sort of reading comprehension at all you'd know I ditched the PSU. I really fucking value the opinion of someone who can't even read a 2 page thread on TW.

scratch the 8800GTS, there's a new 8800GT coming that is going to change things.

scratch the that intel badaxe2 mb, the i975x chipset is dead and it's death has long been overdo. Get a good p35 motherboard, or an x38 if you really want to spend cash.

I'm sticking to my guns with the rest of the gear. I'm fine with it all.

Hey fucktard, if you had any sort of reading comprehension at all you'd know I ditched the PSU. I really fucking value the opinion of someone who can't even read a 2 page thread on TW.

Oh noes! How dare I skip over a post at the bottom of a page, after skimming over 2-3 other posts of yours saying "yeah, I think ill be happy with this setup"? I could never forgive myself!

So what psu did you decide to get instead? Is it still an ultra brand IED?

Oh noes! How dare I skip over a post at the bottom of a page, after skimming over 2-3 other posts of yours saying "yeah, I think ill be happy with this setup"? I could never forgive myself!

So what psu did you decide to get instead? Is it still an ultra brand IED?

Haven't thought about it yet.

If it's been 4 years, the machine will rock compared to what you have. But it could be better, and cheaper. Cancel the whole shebang.

You're going to want fans and aftermarket cpu cooling so you can get the most out of your system and keep it cool. What hard drive are you getting? I'd ditch that motherboard as already suggested since it doesn't even take DDR3 which is what will be used in the future. Since it appears that money is no object for you then why are you only getting an 8800gts, DDR2 RAM, and that dell monitor? Really if you were smart you'd wait another month for the new cards to come out also.

And why the hell are you using tiger direct? Have you even been to newegg?

You're going to want fans and aftermarket cpu cooling so you can get the most out of your system and keep it cool. What hard drive are you getting? I'd ditch that motherboard as already suggested since it doesn't even take DDR3 which is what will be used in the future. Since it appears that money is no object for you then why are you only getting an 8800gts, DDR2 RAM, and that dell monitor? Really if you were smart you'd wait another month for the new cards to come out also.

And why the hell are you using tiger direct? Have you even been to newegg?

Newegg doesn't ship to Canada eh.

Back