New 2845 Screens at TRP\\SSU

ConfigSys.boy

Starsiege Historian²
Veteran X
Our elite team of undercover operatives at TribesRoleplayers has finally managed to snag the first set of publicly released screenshots of Starsiege 2845 running under the Tribes Vengeance engine. These are TRP exclusives, and are accompanied by this humorous propaganda piece done as a send-up of a popular sci-fi action movie you may recognize.

Swing by TribesRoleplayers to check out the rest of the screens!

This game looks like alot of fun. Awesome job!!!

I have not read much about the gameplay etc. However I thought it would be a cool addtion to the Mechs if they could be utilized to deploy larger weaponry. Such as manable turrets etc. The mech itself could either be a few of the current ones with an additional ability or perhaps a new one which is obviously balanced for armorment and defense along with the ability to deploy.

Just an Idea. Either way this game looks great, and I plan on playing it.

Exit Wound said:
This game looks like alot of fun. Awesome job!!!

I have not read much about the gameplay etc. However I thought it would be a cool addtion to the Herc's if they could be utilized to deploy larger weaponry. Such as manable turrets etc. The Herc's itself could either be a few of the current ones with an additional ability or perhaps a new one which is obviously balanced for armorment and defense along with the ability to deploy.

Just an Idea. Either way this game looks great, and I plan on playing it.

Fixed.

Your idea wouldn't make a whole lot of sense since it isn't tribes in large vehicles. It's like Earthsiege 1-2, and Starsiege, but a with a few twists. Might want to look around the back story of Tribes to learn more about ES and SS. Not to say they might not have thought about, but I doubt we'll see it. But then again I've been wrong before, so who knows . . .

I in fact can't wait for this Mod to come out. I love SS and played it along with the UF squad. I can't wait to play with my squad again in an SS game. It probably one of the main reasons I'm buying T:V, though I love tribes, SS is where my home is. :)

Hell Phoenix said:
I personally could care less when this mod comes out or what its about. i aint gonna play it. Just good old Tribes Vengeance :p

Thanks for that useful and incisive commentary. I'll go let the boys know to close up shop, no point in finishing it now that you aren't interested.

That's cool, thank you for the correction also. I will read up, but I am going to assume there are no deployable objects in the ES universe etc. Maybe its something new that could be brought in as I am fairly confident there are atleast turrets. :) However like yourself I have been to be wrong.

I imagine deployable ITEMs and mines and things like that will come up for infantry to use, but as far as a Herc transforming into a turret or a bi-plane and calling itself Shock-Blast, I think not.

Trajan said:
Thanks for that useful and incisive commentary. I'll go let the boys know to close up shop, no point in finishing it now that you aren't interested.
:bigthumb: Just kidding, I respect the game and think the developers are doing a good job, just something I never got into. But I hear its cool.

Fyi, it's couldn't care less.

And very nice, this does look like a very interesting project. I'll certainly be trying it out once it becomes available.

The mod looks great. The scale of the hercs and other vehicles, the detailed yet still "realistic" and fitting models, all of the nice texture work, the added bits for the game's story, the music even, it's all very awesome so far. I look forward to seeing some in-game footage eventually, and actually playing it.

Hopefully it will end up making my T:V purchase even more fun and long-lasting :)

Plague said:
What if it's not free? Would you bother then?

id be upset unless the developers got royalties for all their work

but if they got monies yeah id buy it because it is Starsiege after all

Back