[Neverwinter Nights 2] Did they ever fix performance issues?

Maniac

n3rd5
Veteran X
Yeah so I've been getting kind of bored with my games (playing through Oblivion AGAIN and GTA:SA..

So I was poking around online and came across NWN 2. I really enjoyed the first one, and would have gotten the second but I didn't have time for it at that point and I had heard about the performance issues. IIRC, they were ridiculously horrible.

Has anyone played this recently? Have those been fixed at all? I've looked online a bit but haven't found anything really reliable. Its Wiki page mentions performance issues at release, but nothing else.

Thanks!

:heart:

I played it recently, didn't like it for four reasons:
You walk WAY too fucking slow
The UI is ass
The controls are ass
The camera is a pain in the ass

They've made some performance fixes, but I'm not sure how significant they are since I never had any framerate problems in the first place (I'm on an 8800 though.) As for the game itself, it's worth playing. A lot of people ragged on it but, from what I've seen, a lot of the game mechanics have been improved considerably over the first one and there's a lot of meat to the campaign.

The only place you will notice the game is lacking as a NWN1 player is in terms of third party modules and multiplayer.

just dl'd this game last week and it runs like complete total ass on my notebook :\

amd turion x2, 1gbram, geforce 6150 go vid card.... Ive ran prettier games way better than this one, hope they fix this, kinda wanted to play this with some friends :(

last time i played was about 2 months ago. still ran pretty shitty with all the graphics maxed. i have to turn off shadows and it runs pretty well with max everything else. camera is a total pain, but you can somewhat get used to it. not a bad game, but it's riddled with bugs that can bring your game to a halt. some that will cause you to not even be able to progress anymore. so be sure to make multiple saves if you plan on playing.

Playing it right now on hamachi. I havent had any performance issues even online. Camera is great if its in free camera mode. Gameplay is the same as NWN1 but you do move slower, but its not like moving fast is necessary in the gameplay. The GUI you can modify to have multiple quickbars while not the extremely easy to use circular menu interface from the first, its still very user friendly.

:wave: gizmo

yeah 3 of us are playing through it now, it's definitely not perfect but it's at least an enjoyable coop experience

Back