Netflix might change their pricing soon

brutal

Veteran X
Netflix management has been beta testing multiple tiers that include one single stream and three simultaneous stream options as well as options that include access to high definition and standard definition resolutions.

As a nod of respect to current subscribers, all existing members of Netflix Instant “would get generous grandfathering of their existing plans and prices” according to the letter.

Netflix may transition to three pricing tiers for streaming video soon | Digital Trends

By extensive "grandfathering" they better mean its the same fucking netfilx that we have paid for and used... I really hope this effects new users more than existing. Im too drunk to read any links.

Dear Netflix:

excellence_in_grandfathering_mouse_mats-r9196974ffb1d4727b8eeb209d20674bd_x74vi_8byvr_324.jpg

Good. I've got 3 friends who I let use my netflix account years ago when I was still considered an early adopter who are still mooching to this day. I haven't done anything about it because netflix just didn't seem to care.

Time for them to get their own accounts.

netflix talking shit about how net neutrality and big telco companies r fuking them and their customers

turn around and do the same shit to their customers

every1 and their mom is always trying 2 figure out how 2 charge their customers twice over for the same service. it should be fukin illegal

netflix talking shit about how net neutrality and big telco companies r fuking them and their customers

turn around and do the same shit to their customers

every1 and their mom is always trying 2 figure out how 2 charge their customers twice over for the same service. it should be fukin illegal

this is incredibly different. netflix has content deals, tv studios, and very real infrastructure costs that account for a massive amount of their operating costs.

on the flip side the telecom companies have massive infrastructure that was largely paid for by the tax payer, in which there is a massive disconnect between usage and pricing. they operate horrible ineffeciently and near monoplostic fashion and want to create scarcity to have an excuse to charge even more.

netflix has every right to charge more for their service, and there are plenty of alternatives if you don't like it.

if your cable provider wants to charge more, you may not have a suitable alternative and the barrier to entry for competition to provide a suitable option is so high it's limited to government or fortune 100 companies.

I am unimpressed with netflix streaming. If I HAD to find something to watch, I could, but 99% of the time you can't go on and find something you want to watch. You go onto netflix and you see what they have to offer you, then you pick the best option.

Not only that, but it is entirely unsearchable. They have like 10 shitty categories and thats that. If you search by name, you better write it exactly as its written on the box, and forget about asking to list by genre.

If they raised their prices I would leave in a heartbeat.

I am unimpressed with netflix streaming. If I HAD to find something to watch, I could, but 99% of the time you can't go on and find something you want to watch. You go onto netflix and you see what they have to offer you, then you pick the best option.

Not only that, but it is entirely unsearchable. They have like 10 shitty categories and thats that. If you search by name, you better write it exactly as its written on the box, and forget about asking to list by genre.

If they raised their prices I would leave in a heartbeat.

Out of curiosity, which system are you browsing Netflix on?

y u guys complaining

netflix unlimited streaming with their entire library is eight fucking dollars

it used to cost 3-4 dollars to rent a single VHS movie

it still costs like 25-30 to own one on bluray

and you guys are bitching about anything over $8/month being unfair?

yeah I don't disagree

but as a legal means of watching video it's probably without a doubt the cheapest by a wiiiiiiide margin when you factor in the huge selection

big deal if they up the cost a bit

xbox live is, what, $12 a month and it doesn't do fuck all for you, just lets you play games you already purchased on a console you paid a shit ton for.. and yet nergins here will pay that religiously but complain if netflix asks for another dollar or two

If they end up charging me more, I'm out. Their selection is absolutely horrendous. If they up the sub price and offer more content, then maybe I'll stay.

Back