Netflix Burn.....

Messiah said:
i did deep analysis......fuck it...i didnt know. is it a big deal? my dvd burner is 8x
deep analysis just makes the quality better. the more compression required, the better deep analysis makes it. they also added a new option since i used it before, that lets you choose like Smooth or Sharp to further refine it.

if you do a compression that scales it to like 75% or under, deep analysis is probably a good idea.

don't forget to max compress shit like the menus, special features, etc. and to drop foreign language soundtracks if you want.

if you want MAX quality from dvd shrink, you can re-author it, cut out the intro bullshit and cut the end credits to minimize compression.

also, if your not in a hurry, and you apparently aren't with netflix, you might as well always do deep analysis.

I don't know what this thread is about but I wanted to say that DVD Xcopy is the easiest DVD backup program I have ever used. It copys and compresses the DVD to fit on single layer media for you. Also you can copy just the movie and leave out the extra trailers and crap.

DVDShrink is free. Not that ppl who "backup" their DVDs care about whether something is free or not.

Messiah said:
took 26-27mins.

8x

how is the quality on the menu's and the actual movie? what settings did you use? i'm curious because im trying to figure out the best method & settings to get the best quality possible w/out heavy editing and such

the compression is most noticeable on monochromatic scenes (same color). so for example, scenes in the dark show the pixelation the most. its the subtley of the color change that makes it more obvious :(

Back