Net Send fun

Usher

Veteran X
Wanted to ask you all some of thethings youve done with net send. My network here at school allows us to send to other IP's . so during class today i intend on messing with a few people in here etc for some fun.

What are some of the things you've said?

31073 said:
keep in mind, it says the computer name that sent it in the message.
thats when you remotely setup a job on person #2's computer to net send something gay to person #3.

or remote shutdown someones machine.

you come up with a lot of things when you have training for 6 weeks.

heh we were playing with netsend in one of my win2k classes.
(instructor too) and you could hear all the other PC's in the other classrooms beeping

At work, renamed my machine MICROSOFT, Net send a message to a guy we are always messing with with a software piracy message, like "We have detected a pirated version of Microsoft software on your PC. Please call 1-800-NO-PIRACY now and verify this with an online operator."

Funniest thing was, it popped up while he was installing a pirated version of Office XP - on his work machine.

I still laugh about that one.

TheSmokey

sLoGg said:
cna u do it over the internet using IPs?
yes, how do you think netsend ads work? they tick me off when playing daoc.

edit: and how do you remote shutdown a win2k machine??

We had a new secratary and we sent her "The Matrix has you.." Course that was a few years ago, when it had more humor value.

Also great training room fun is to use MMC in win2k/xp to eject other PC's cdrom in disk manager...

net send only works if the messenger service is started...i believe xp sp3 disables this by default. rest assured .net server and wtf ever desktop OS they come out with will all be disabled by default..

I remeber turning off BaN's comp at work doing that. I popped up a msg on his screen "This computer will turn off in 10..9..8" and it just kept on counting down. He couldnt do anything about it :lol: Fun stuff.

Back