Need TV suggestions

Tatiyana

Veteran X
We are thinking of getting a new TV, maybe as a gift to myself now that I've graduated graduate school. We want a 52 inch (or bigger, but at least 52 inch) flat screen, HDTV, with HDMI inputs. Want to keep it around $1500 - can go higher, but would like to keep it close to there.

I like the look of the Sharp Aquos when I've seen them in stores, but I hear some horror stories about them. I know Sony's are pretty, maybe the Bravia?

Any suggestions? Any that we should stay away from?

Thanks!

pic of you laying on the ground with your legs over your head pooping on your face or you don't really have a job and your name is Rick

my sharp and everyone i know hasn't had an issue

that said they aren't as nice picture-wise when it comes to color but they traditionally handle movement very well.

anyhow, go to bestbuy or something where you can easily compare them on a wall and find a deal somewhere else or online so you can match/do whatever you need to do.

what is the light/window situation in the room?

my sharp and everyone i know hasn't had an issue

that said they aren't as nice picture-wise when it comes to color but they traditionally handle movement very well.

anyhow, go to bestbuy or something where you can easily compare them on a wall and find a deal somewhere else or online so you can match/do whatever you need to do.

what is the light/window situation in the room?

It's hard to explain. We have a large window to the right of where the TV would be mounted. We have numerous other windows in the room, and it's a large open floor plan with the kitchen and entrance. We have blackout curtains up already, which do a great job of blocking the light (and the heat, since the front of the house faces directly east). So I'm not really concerned about it.

But it does need to be viewable from most angles.

you'll want to stay away from plasma then

not life or death but it's too bright to get much out of it

Your gonna end up with a shitty TV if its that cheap ill tell you that much.

A quick search online found that many of the popular TVs are within that range. So I doubt it will be shitty. Will it be top of the line? No. Don't need top of the line though.

Our current TV was 1000 at the time we purchased it. Works great. Only thing is it's a rear projection and it's huge, and we have limited places to put it. So we're thinking of getting an LCD we can mount on the wall.

Back