Need to convert a .mov from digicam to DVD

Tatiyana

Veteran X
For one of my classes we have to video us giving 2 IQ tests to kids (grad class for school psychology). I have no idea where my video camera is, so I decided to try to use my kodak digi cam, and then convert from .mov to .avi, then use gordianknot to convert the .avi to dvd format, and then burn using nero. I've downloaded a ton of programs to convert from .mov to .avi, but gordian knot refuses all of them. "Avisynth open failure: UnDot: Supports YUY2 color format only (file address where the output file is, line 54)".

Any ideas? Any other programs that can convert .avi to dvd files?

This is just a test video, not the actual assignment, so if I have to I can go look for a video camera or figure out something else. But this would be easier than lugging around a VHS recorder and tapes all over.

err.. you're already using nero, yeah? create a video DVD with Nero, dump video file in, Nero will convert it.

err.. you're already using nero, yeah? create a video DVD with Nero, dump video file in, Nero will convert it.

Sorry. went out and just got back.

Yes, using Nero. But I don't have video files yet. It is in .mov format. I'm using a converter to convert the .mov to .avi, then trying to use gordianknot to convert the .avi to dvd files (.vobs and such). But it's not working.

Nero won't burn a video DVD if the files aren't .vob, .bup, or .ifo.

Back