Need some laptop part pricing help.

Vampire

Veteran XV
This is a bit of a continuation from my last thread about a wonky CD-RW/DVD drive.

I ended up going over to her place to check it out first hand. Toyed with disabling/removing DirectCD with no luck, as well as trying Nero instead of Roxio. No such luck. I did however introduce her to the miracle of Spybot and cleaned a ridiculous amount of spyware off her laptop, which she was very happy about.

As for the drive itself, checked the connection, checked the lens, everything looks okay. I got it to the point where it will more or less consistently read and play CDs, however it still will not burn.

In any case, it looks to be some internal issue that won't be an easy fix, so I'm looking to see what it would cost for her to get a replacement if it comes to that.

It's a Dell Inspiron 4150 laptop. The drive is a 24x CD-RW/DVD combo.
If anybody could find any information as to this being a common problem or not, that would also be appreciated, although I have yet to find anything about this specific model. Cheapest I've been able to find so far was about $200.

She's also looking for a new battery for the same laptop. Cheapest I've come across here was about $65.

Cliff Notes

- Friend's laptop is a Dell Inspiron 4150
- Has bad CD-RW/DVD drive and bad battery
- Looking for prices for replacements

Any information/links are appreciated. :)

Darkness said:
im too lazy to look, what kind of drives can it support

it supports drives for the 4150 dell laptop only, as far as I know. It's pretty specific, but prices vary and I'm trying to find the lowest.

Looking to replace what's there with the same type of drive (CD-RW/DVD combo)

Vampire said:
it supports drives for the 4150 dell laptop only, as far as I know. It's pretty specific, but prices vary and I'm trying to find the lowest.
considering dell doesnt make their own brand of optical drives, im just wondering if there was a model # or something

Back