Need Some Advice... Behavioral Issue with a fellow Employee

h4rdluck

Veteran X
I'm never around anymore, but living on a secluded island without internet for 6 months will do that. I have come to the library seeking advice!

I am working a fellowship position. I work with 2 other Fellows. We live together, and worktogether everyday all day. I am also in charge of leading a troup of college student/volunteers who live with us on a daily basis.

I have had a number of behavioral problems with one fellow employee. She says malicious things about every single one of my staff members after work. She has stated before that she wishes they would fire her. She has said she doesn't want a recommendation from them. She even makes fun of thier sexual preference (I work with ~ 19 women).

About 4 months ago she made a complaint to my boss that I wasn't fullfilling my duties, but all our work is well documented and my boss told her it was BS. This fellow has also made formal complaints about staff members not fulfilling their duties.

The other day I asked her if she could do an after work duty. As I already had one that involved me comming back to work at 9pm and 6am the next day. She rolled her eyes at me, Stormed out of the room and made a comment about "boys, you have no sense of responsibility". I follow her and asked her what her problem was. She told me "We Never Get along, and we NEVER will" and I pressed the issue and asked her to talk about it, why things had to be this way ect ect. I pushed her in giving me an answer and her only reply about 9 times was "DROP IT, NOW" She then proceeded to tell me to "Shut-Up" in front of a number of my Student body.

I approached my boss after the ordeal and spilled all the beans. They were aware of behavioral issues with her, but not to the extent I had been witnessing. My boss said she would do whatever I felt was appropriate. While the ordeal had just happened, I realized that she may have been giving me the chance to fire her.

Personally I feel that decision should have been my boses'. She didn't really tell me what options were available to me. We work 12-13 hours a day and losing this person would be a major hindrance. But now after 2 days of being able to think about it I realize that Maybe I can't continue to live with and work with this person another month.

Any Suggestions are much appreciated.

CLIFFS:
--works and lives with a bunch of women on an island doing some sort of teaching
--one of hte women is an uber bitch to everyone
--she spouts off at him like a little girl throwing a tantrum in front of his students
--his boss basically allows him to do whatever he wants to do with her and he is acting like a little girl about it instead of just having her canned.

ps cliffs?

pss nevermind the first question

psss(t), have that bitch fired.

Last edited:
Sanibel Island, FL. I make 500$ a month. Its not really secluded, but when you work 13 hour days it feels like it. I really can't give cliffs well but here goes.

Girl at work hates me
Told me to Shut Up in front of People I am in Charge of
I told her it was inappropriate Behavior
Spilled the Beans to Boss
Boss told me she would take action the way I felt was appropriate
I am not sure what the right decision is.

Just fire her, she sounds like she'll be causing more problems than the absence of one worker in your "fellowship".

Sanibel Island, FL. I make 500$ a month. Its not really secluded, but when you work 13 hour days it feels like it. I really can't give cliffs well but here goes.

Girl at work hates me
Told me to Shut Up in front of People I am in Charge of
I told her it was inappropriate Behavior
Spilled the Beans to Boss
Boss told me she would take action the way I felt was appropriate
I am not sure what the right decision is.

dude don't worry about it. I got you covered.

Also, $500/mo ?? I can't believe you even associate with the likes of TW anymore mister high roller.

oh, and if you shitcan her, make sure you have all of this shit documented. Put her on probation or something first, and have it in writing (make her sign it too).
Otherwise I smell lawsuit.

yea you do have it covered link.

I can't help but act like a little girl....My estrogen levels are sky high and I am bleeding out my rectum 7days out of the month now.

Its a non profit organization. Things aren't very well documented. All of her complaining was done at home, she puts up a facade very well at work, and she really hadn't blown up at me untill 4 days ago.

I obviously let it go on to long...So in that respect I fucked up period.

But now I need to make some sort of decision one way or another.

I cannot get by the fact that you capitalize the first letter of seemingly random words. Are you over 8 years old by any chance? If so, the public school system failed you.

Just fire her, she sounds like she'll be causing more problems than the absence of one worker in your "fellowship".

NO

ABSOLUTELY NOT

if she wants fired and shes making shit hard on you, make shit miserable for her and keep her on board

reassign daily responsibilities to her for little shit

making coffee, vaccuuming, making sandwiches - things women are supposed to do kekekeke

get her to either kill herself or stop being such a pussy and just quit.

Maybe ask her in private wtf her problem is. Maybe the blowup was more of a show for the coworkers. Lay it out for her, I would want my boss to do that for me if I was being a shitbag :shrug:

It isn't your decision, and your boss can't put that on your plate. I even doubt that he/she was, you probably misinterpreted it. But you are acting very much like a female, that part is correct. Chiggity check yourself before your wreck yourself

NO

ABSOLUTELY NOT

if she wants fired and shes making shit hard on you, make shit miserable for her and keep her on board

reassign daily responsibilities to her for little shit

making coffee, vaccuuming, making sandwiches - things women are supposed to do kekekeke

get her to either kill herself or stop being such a pussy and just quit.

You do that and I'm sure she'll dredge up something about sexual harassment or treatment as a worker and sue you over that.

Back