Need help...dvd rom probs :-[

Irishknight

Veteran X
My dvdrom drive has been actin up on me lately and i dunno why :(. I can't say the quality is that bad...but it just seems jerky...almost like there was a program running in the background takin up too much memory or cpu power or some shit..but there isn't. Anyone know why it might be doing this? Cuz i'm fucking clueless with this stuff..

Any help would be much appreciated :|

Go into Device Mangler and hit Properties on the ROM device. Settings tab. Make sure the DMA checkbox is checked.

:shrug:

Ok...clicked on the drive under device manager..went to properties..but there's no settings tab. I looked for that PIO and DMA stuff under all the other tabs but i saw nothing :(

Is the DVD itself clear of scratches? I rented a DVD from Block Buster once and it's was scratched to hell. At first I thought my DVD-ROM was fucking up, but then I looked at the bottom of the DVD and it was scratched.

yeah man it's band of brothers i just got for christmas today :)

anyway, i just found the DMA stuff under the IDE controller option in device manager. Like i said, i know shit bout this stuff. Anyway, the 2nd IDE channel was set to PIO, so i changed it to DMA if available. I hope this fixes it ;o

egh it still says currently in PIO mode even though i put it on dma if available. It's still a bit jerky...really pissing me off :mad:

any other ideas?

Back