its like almost 4 here and was wondering if you think i should:

stop studing and try to get some sleep before the exam
or
go all morning and dont sleep, just study until exam

need advise

thx

if u feel u understand it well, go to sleep
if u dont understand it well stay up and study

if youre tired youre gonna do worse than you should no matter what, but staying up all night is the only chance of a good mark if u dont understand the subject material yet

Study until exam. Eat a SHITLOAD. And I mean a shitload. Whatever you eat normally for breakfast, do it double or triple. It's a trick I learned from fisherman. Fisherman only get 2 - 4 hours of sleep a night, but they eat huge amounts of food all day, so they operate at nearly 100%. Food is a substitute for sleep. And make it healthy.

4 - 5 hours of sleep is enough to make you feel worse when you wake up.

Scuzzle said:
Study until exam. Eat a SHITLOAD. And I mean a shitload. Whatever you eat normally for breakfast, do it double or triple. It's a trick I learned from fisherman. Fisherman only get 2 - 4 hours of sleep a night, but they eat huge amounts of food all day, so they operate at nearly 100%. Food is a substitute for sleep. And make it healthy.

4 - 5 hours of sleep is enough to make you feel worse when you wake up.

Is it really working? Because the difference as a fisherman is you will move and be active... now you are gonna sit a few hours with this huge ball of food in your stomach...

try to powernap 30min/1 hour... the worst thing would be to fall in deep sleep which would totally trash you. The brain works like a computer... when you study, it needs to *save* and *reboot*. This has been proven. When you sleep, it does that.

Study all night. Sleep for an hour or two. Review material upon waking up for about half an hour. Take exam.

Needless to say, I drink a copious amount of caffeine during this process. It usually works for me though.

Edit: Additionally, if I didn't have a solid grasp of the material the exam was covering, I would stay up all night and study. I'd just go belly up on the caffeine.

Merranza said:
Is it really working? Because the difference as a fisherman is you will move and be active... now you are gonna sit a few hours with this huge ball of food in your stomach...

try to powernap 30min/1 hour... the worst thing would be to fall in deep sleep which would totally trash you. The brain works like a computer... when you study, it needs to *save* and *reboot*. This has been proven. When you sleep, it does that.
Yes :D

I go to school full-time and I work 40+ hours a week. This last semester was the only time it has mattered because it was the first and last semester of 15 page essays as I am done with English Comp III and I have filled the curriculum for literary classes.

The point I was getting to is that 5 - 6 hours was a good sleep for me. I spent most of my nights getting only 3 - 4. It was never a problem, and I figured my incredible eating was what was keeping me running.

Scuzzle said:
Yes :D

I go to school full-time and I work 40+ hours a week. This last semester was the only time it has mattered because it was the first and last semester of 15 page essays as I am done with English Comp III and I have filled the curriculum for literary classes.

The point I was getting to is that 5 - 6 hours was a good sleep for me. I spent most of my nights getting only 3 - 4. It was never a problem, and I figured my incredible eating was what was keeping me running.

cool then :) not sure it would work for me heh

but then again being diabetic doesn't help ;)

ive never kept a good eating habit

some days i only eat once or ill eat junk food all day and not eat a proper meal

i know, pretty bad but thats the way shit floats

but anyway, just had a snack of potato chips (haha) and a glass of apple juice

OptimaPoint said:
ive never kept a good eating habit

some days i only eat once or ill eat junk food all day and not eat a proper meal

i know, pretty bad but thats the way shit floats

but anyway, just had a snack of potato chips (haha) and a glass of apple juice
Haha. That's my diet exactly :( It's sad. We should change, man. We are going to kill our livers, and bladders, and end up pissing gall stones :(

Study all night but if you must sleep, only for 1 hr.

Dont eat alot. Eating deprives your brain of O2, thats why people get sleepy after a big meal. Have a slow, stedy caffine intake with little sugar, and when you take the exam have alot of constant caffine and if you want, alot of sugar.

Youll have a sugar crash, but it will likely be after the exam.

Good luck and Reggspeed

heh im in the same dilemma except right now it's 6:30am, my exam is tomorrow at 7pm (tonight I guess) and I'm getting up at 9:30 for atleast 2 hours. Do i sleep more in the afternoon before the exam, or stay up and study

The later you wait to sleep, the more effective your time spent sleeping will be becuase your body will likely force you into REM sleep sooner than the normal 45 mins.

Back