Need a new monitor

I spent $350 on an lcd a year and a half ago, 25ms 15". I have only experienced streaking in ONE game, nhl 2003.

If you dont own an lcd, dont put them down. I can tell you dont, as no lcd owner would call it "ghosting".

edit: for the people who want to get technical, yes, the effect is "ghosting" but it looks nothing like the ghosting on a tv. its much more of a stretching and streaking of super fast moving objects (such as the puck in NHL games with speed set up high).

Last edited:
btw, for your price range, it IS probably a good idea to get a CRT. I just think ignoring lcd's because people cant get over how lcd's were 5 years ago is nonsense.

well the thing is its for my brother, his CRT died on him and my dad is hell bent on getting him an LCD, are there any good ones for under $400

BJ

so 400 usd then

doesn't his computer... i dunno, not work and wouldn't purchasing a new awesome monitor be... i dunoo, pointless?

the ghosting went away after a couple months on my lcd i guess my eyes just got used to it.. i game with it fine

i got a viewsonic though they r kinda pricy

Back