NBA Insider Request

I feel like they're gonna play it like the NFL, try and hold out till last second, but it seems like by than a lot of the players wont be here...

Spoiler

I feel like they're gonna play it like the NFL, try and hold out till last second, but it seems like by than a lot of the players wont be here...
based on how the negotiations are going, i'd be shocked if any basketball is played this coming season

yah.. it's nothing like the NFL

a lot of NBA legitimately would be better off not having a season, and that's nowhere near the situation teams are in the NFL

so that trump card of 'oh noes, we're going to start missing games if we don't make a deal NOW' means jack shit to a lot of the teams imo

and players aren't going to give a fuck until paychecks are missed

I'd say the last strike.. if it ends up around the same time table (50 games stuffed into a shortened season), I'd be extremely happy.. but I think that's like best case scenario right now

The NBA lockout is absolutely hilarious. The NBA owners are locking out their own employees because they gave them ridiculously large guaranteed contracts.

That's the gist of the entire situation.

The NBA lockout is absolutely hilarious. The NBA owners are locking out their own employees because they gave them ridiculously large guaranteed contracts.

That's the gist of the entire situation.

That's what I dont understand either

Owner: Come play for my team, ill give you $20mil/year
Player: well duh ok

End of year
Owner: Oh shit, i made $200mil this year, its not enuff cuz i made $199mil last year, oh no didnt make enuff money LOCKOUT!

Back