My microwave just died...

Used it yesterday, and earlier today and all was fine.

The outlet it's plugged into is still good (tested it with something else). Just when I push the buttons nothing happens.

Anyone ever have a microwave literally just die on them? There was no signs of a power-outage while I was out, so I don't think there could have been a surge or anything.

It's only about 6 months old too, and not used all that much.

h4rdluck said:
Sounds like a 39$ sunbeam from walmart.

Oh, I'm sure it's a cheap piece of shit..but it worked well enough.

To whoever was asking. Front says "Panasonic 1250w high power" back says "model number: NN-S643BF" :shrug:

if I doesn't work, perhaps pics of it being decimated will show up on the net

ours broke and my girlfriend's dad openned it up and replaced a fuse inside of it...good as new.

well yea microwaves these days in general just suck.

My parents have one from like 1981 its a monster, but it fucking TOASTS shit. Its built like a brick.

Tribal Imperialist said:
This just got me thinking, the microwave is one of the few appliances that has never broken on me, ever

yeah, which is why I found it weird. Microwaves are usually pretty stable. Old microwave I saw was dropped down a set of stairs (glass on door didn't break somehow) and it still worked..

Xaphan said:
ours broke and my girlfriend's dad openned it up and replaced a fuse inside of it...good as new.

That was my first thought as well. If you're handy with a screwdriver then you just might get lucky, no rocket science required.

Its the fuse. Which can be replaced for about 3 bucks.

Have fun.

Find fuse panel(on microwave) remove fuse, take it to Home Depot or electrical distributor, replace fuse. Working microwave.

You're welcome.

Yeah, I'll crack it open tomorrow. have to be up early for work. so I wouldn't be able to hit up the store until after work anyhow.

thanks for the info and such.

Back