my lax game tues nite...[pics]

ok i'm going to toot my own horn one more time....

our playoffs for the new york state tourney in '93....

we played the #2 ranked team in the state and #5 in the nation (yorktown from putnam county NY)....we were big underdogs...when i was a sophomore they beat us in the state tourney 22-4....they beat us this time again but 16-5...

i had 2 goals and an assist....

the goalie i scored on went to the navy academy....the defender i beat for the unassisted 2 goals went on a full ride to johns hopkins...

ok...

thanks

toot toot...

herbtown said:
ill check those vids out some other time...

hs lacrosse is different from state to state....but u won't find stiffer competition in the high school level compared to western NY and nassau county (long isle) and maryland....although it's been making great strives nationwide!

yeah thats what i was saying down here in florida lacrosse is completely different... you take the quick agile soccer kids, they become attack and middies... you put the meathead football players on defense... you're lucky to find a goalie and thats how the team is... defense excels at hitting and controlling the box, offense excels at breakaways and cutting... thats all we did... and managed to win 7 of 12 games in our first season ever...

dooster said:
either way, your vids are interesting. lax where ever you are from is very different than NJ lax. you guys seem much bigger than the players on my team but less coordinated. it seems to be getting the job done though. heh
Yeah we cant hold or clear the ball for shit, but when it comes to hitting we own. I play in central Va and lax isn't really big around here yet, so lax is played more like football around here than lacrosse.

dooster said:
Woah. where do you play?

that is very very impressive. You are a junior right now?
btw- dont go to stevens. not only is it a really lame school, a friend of mine who i grew u with and then competed with in HS for lax is gonna play there next year.
Oh don't worry, i'm gonna just get as many letters as i can and show em off.

I can't get into any of these schools academically.. not one.

Chomp said:
"Who is that?"
"Adam"
"Niiiice"

your teams look terrible haha
we are...the first lacrosse program moved into central va 3 years ago. What do you expect.

lacrosse is huge in NY...western/central/adirondacks/longisland/hudson-valley...

huge in maryland...huge in jersey.....connecticut....mass....ohio....virginia is getting there....as is the west....cali, colorado, wash st and the south/midwest it's growing too....growing fast (fastest game on 2 feet!)...

herbtown said:
check the schools some of these guys played at on the rosters...

http://www.mohawklacrosseclub.com/rosters.html

again, this is outdated by a year....we're doing an update...but we have no doubt one of the best summmer leagues competition wise in the nation....

herb where do you live?

i went to school in the Mohawk Valley, i heard that their summer leagues were unprecidented in size and competition.
my coach and some of my team played in them, too.

this league is in upstate ny - albany county...

we used to play at the u of albany fields but not anymore....

we use elementry school fields and paint the lines ourselves....the refs are not 'licensed' refs....they're players from the league...although unbiased...

oh i live in waterford/clifton park which is southern saratoga county...takes me 10-15 mins to get to the field(s)....

my team is hooked up from waay up top in the lax hieracrhy

college connections, pro connections, equip sponsors, eeeeverything. we pimps of pa.

and we wear purple-

http://addpizzaz.com/id15.html
^ game before the MLL championship in Villanova stadium (PA)
im #18

Violent said:
yeah thats what i was saying down here in florida lacrosse is completely different... you take the quick agile soccer kids, they become attack and middies... you put the meathead football players on defense... you're lucky to find a goalie and thats how the team is... defense excels at hitting and controlling the box, offense excels at breakaways and cutting... thats all we did... and managed to win 7 of 12 games in our first season ever...

Vio you scare me lol.
you look like you could own in the box

how are you man? haven't talked to you since EQ days...

herbtown said:
the goalie i scored on went to the navy academy....the defender i beat for the unassisted 2 goals went on a full ride to johns hopkins...

ok...

thanks

toot toot...
tooting is allowed.

you got names of those 2 guys?

nice!!!!!

a few of my friends played in some killer schools.....d3 and d1....i um...kinda dicked out on school for gay reasons :D

Chomp said:
tooting is allowed.

you got names of those 2 guys?

at home in a box of all my old shit i'm pretty sure i do....i may be able to look it up...their names will ring a bell...they were both seniors in 93 also...

on a side note, how the hell did SU beat JH to advance to the championship?

i mean good for them and all... but wow what an upset.

it's worth asking mom to look up :] im curious

http://www.pbase.com/image/20693317

^ big hairy kid in yellow guarding me has a full ride to UVA next year.

he got bitchowned by moi. 4 goals.
hes a cool kid i've played in a few leages with him. he's so sick.

edit:
dooster, my fault- Pennsylvania

edit2:
that defender, for a size ref.. i'm 6'1".. hes running/bent over+behind me in the pic, and hes still got a few inches..

Last edited:
herbtown said:
nice!!!!!

a few of my friends played in some killer schools.....d3 and d1....i um...kinda dicked out on school for gay reasons :D
yea my teammates from last few years are starting at air force, bucknell, wheaton, goucher and drew.

my team disbanded before we could play cortland lol.

we all quit because our coach was a joke.

this ain't no high school drama of a coach being a prick or whatnot...

think about it, an entire college team deciding to all quit at once because of a coach?
he must have been pretty bad...
and he was.

Back