My Dad is having triple bypass in a few hours

nlhlacrosse

Veteran X
I just wanted to know if (and how many) people here have experience with heart surgery. He's in relatively good shape as he exercises on a regular basis, but he has had high blood pressure for some time now.

Anyway, he's at St. Francis, which is ranked #1 for heart surgery in New York (it's on Northern Long Island, in Roslyn).

I was just curious for some personal stories from people.

fast food = bad.

gl tho, no experiance with that stuff, hope he is ok

That just denotes how many actual bypasses the surgeons will have to do. They have a 1.29% mortality rate at St. Francis with bypass, and that's including patients with diabetes and various other complications.

I'm more interested in taking care of him afterward (as my mother isn't around, really).

I got the news a little while ago - my father's surgery went well and he's resting in the intensive care unit.

Hopefully I can visit him tomorrow, as he is currently passing in and out of consciousness and is in some pain.

I'm pretty relieved.

:)

gl man...my dad has had angeoplasty a few times, nect will be a bypass if he doesent get his ass in shape. Hope everything goes well for ya. My grandma has cancer and might live for a few more days :( at least i got to see her on christmas

my grandmother had a triple bypass over a decade ago, and has had a pacemaker in her ever since. she's doing well at the moment, and is about 80 (or 81) years old.

i believe i heard somewhere that triple bypass surgery has improved a lot over the years and now it's not really a very big deal at all.

my wishes are with you and your family.

Back