my computer is making ambulance siren noises

Jacabo

Veteran X
i was playing cod4 and then i paused it and then i picked up the phone and talked to sea_turtle about gay sex and then the computer turned off and made the siren noise.

i unplugged it from the wall then plugged it back up and the shit is still making noise when i hit the button.

halp!!

overheating eh?
i will get the ice water

sea_turtle is telling me to take fine grade sandpaper and use it on my monitor.

a few years ago my computer started making erratic beeping sounds so i went into the case and unplugged the on board speaker

and then my power supply died a week later

Overheating.

I've got a computer I run with the case open because my hard drive died, then the replacement also stopped working until I opened the case. You could look at cleaning the dust out of all the vents, and clean out CPU heat sink. But it's going to heat up when you're playing a game.

Clean out your fans with compressed air, make sure there is good airflow through the Heat Sinks [Aluminum Fins] on chips and in the Power Supply. Dust insulates and prevents dissipation of heat. Make sure the Video Card fan has good spacing for airflow and its venting vanes are clear of dust. Double check all fans (CPU GPU and PS) are turning at a good RPM.

There is enough heat passively produced by my modest computer that it will keep my basement room pleasantly warm during the winter if I keep my door closed and let it run.

Last edited:
its working now.
all the fans are working
i cleaned out the dust and shit
it is sparkling

i had been playing cod4 for about an hour when it died
i'll have to avoid that for the time being

thanks!

Back