My Basslet fish is a real jerk.

It is on the basslets house. I am afraid to take it out and clean it and spook mr fish..

I am 3 months old into tanking. Would you take it out and scrub it?

I had a Talapia Buttikoferi that lived to about 18 years old. Absolute unit of a fish, 17" of hatred. He'd take shots at me while I cleaned out his tank.

I never got into salt tanks but if I were you, I'd research it before doing it. I'd think that mr. crab should be able to take care of it if the fish leaves him to do his job.

tbf, fuck that hermit mf

i agree with the pretty fish

get the fuck off my lawn

It is the only hair algae in the tank. The rocks are covered in coralline algae (not a bad thing). It took 2 weeeks for the basslet to find his house. First week i thought he died but he was hanging out in the filtration area for 7 days...

I think you need to stop the algae growth even if the fish gets upset. I don't know anything about tanking so please just do best by your animals.

H2IPCS1.jpg

It is a small desktop tank. This was taken 3-4 weeks ago. I have more coral frags in it now.

I just want to leave it alone and let it grow.

I'm a rookie at it. I have some small problems now but hopefully I beat them.

I also have a Cucumber

5lWrZl6.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have freshwater tanks while I was in high school and for a few years after. I had a lot of fun with them and always wanted to get into saltwater tanks but for some reason, I never did. Sounds to me like you are shooting for what used to be called a 'living tank' and those are awesome. Friend of mine had one and you could sit in front of it for hours tripping out on the shit in the tank.

Be warned... they can become addictive.

I have 12 corals in there right now. Lots of small frags.

I have :

2 - Illuminati Zoanthids
1 - Green bay zoanthid
1 - Twizzler Zoanthid
1 - Orange and green don't know what it is Zoanthid
1 - Pink Zoanthid
1 - Aussie Lord
1 - Green Chalice
1 - (but actually now there are 3 Green Mushrooms)
1- Kenya Tree
1 - Green star polyp.
1 - Ruby Gonipora

Hoping they all start growing in and look cool in a years time. I don't have a great idea of what I am doing, but I am doing my best.

whats with red/white crab on the right... just chillin watchin the show breakin some good samaritan law

Back