My 20yr old cat has just died.

We have about 4 strays that live in our apartment complex...one of them is female.

She deposited a litter of 6 kittens on our patio about 4 months ago. We put a large cage out there, and she moved them into it. She and the kittens lived on our patio for about 7 weeks. One of the kittens developed FKS and didn't make it, but the rest are all fine and healthy. Found homes for 4 of them, and kept one for myself (which gets spayed on Wednesday).

Now the stray is pregnant again, and is back to sleeping on my patio. Once she has the kittens, we're going to close up the cage, and take the whole lot over to the local non-kill shelter. They'll let her ween the kittens, spay her, and let us know when she's ready to be adopted. Our apartment manager and I are going to split the cost of the adoption fee, and bring the stray back to the complex.

I love cats, but they're a pain in the ass sometimes.

She's a calico, so she's part black.

We fed her when she was nursing the first group of kittens and stopped once they were weened, so we figure she's thinking this is some cat welfare bullshit. So we're doing what should be done to humans who abuse welfare...removing her uterus.

:(
i would cry if my kitty died
NLXXH.jpg

well u r a doctor so yeah

Cheers guys, feeling a bit better now.

When I finish university I'll have to get a new kitten or puppy.

oh that reminds me

or as I like to call it, 'ode to a good kittie'

and also, this is the fella I miss:

dsc00564o.jpg

he's up there in kittie heaven, still mad at me for whatever reason he was

Cats are by far the most disgusting common pets. They spread shit and piss everywhere and are stupid.

does anyone have any cat sex tips

Sort of.

I was reading an Ann Landers-style article once where someone wrote in complaining about their female cat caterwauling and being a huge pest every time it went into heat. The journalist consulted a vet who replied that pretty much the only thing you could do was to lubricate the eraser end of a #2 pencil and satisfy the damn cat.

There ya' go. A cat masturbation tip. :bigthumb:

Back