Musashi's Passion starts some fun

AdreNaLiNe said:
Wow, Colosus, while I agree with you about the free speech, that video is pretty brutal.

I'd like to say free speech is the most important, but I actually have some qualms with that video, and I don't even believe in the religion. I'd love to say our rights are, above all, the most important, but somehow, I can't bring myself to say it after that video...

Man, that was a brutal vid. The other ones were real funny though. :)

papameh.JPG

Last edited:
Colosus said:
Did you go see the Passion? If not, you should and you'll find the video more humorous. While not one of Musashi's greatest works, it is definitely to most controversial which is why I will protect it with everything I have.

Admittedly, I have not seen Passion of the Christ yet, but I did a lot of bible study when I was younger - I used to attend a Lutheran Church.

But I think what really set the tone for that video was that background video - I really can't put my finger on the emotional disturbance it caused me.

I think that hit a whole new note. Not that I believe in any religion at all, I'm not even an Atheist, I just found it disturbing.

I'm not complaining about what you said to the church at all - I feel they have no right to complain about such matters considering TW has the right to do as they wish. And I do believe in free speech, and our governing laws. It's hard to explain. The only thing I can possibly think of is that I'm not trying to tie 1 to the other. I'm simply saying that, had the church not even complained, I would have thought that MusashiVideo was completely brutal. It's like you want to laugh but you can't, especially knowing what actually happened, and then seeing it displayed in a comedic sense. I think I'd actually have less of a problem watching a realistic portrayal of brutality hehe.

jotun said:
archbishop complains to colosus about musashi's passion flash
colosus sends witty reply
colosus is congratulated
archbishop shown to be some crazy hick
rafa claims to be some sort of supernatural being
fraidycat is dumb
TW goes to hell
archbishop notes colosus
Cardinal DeWald, of the Church of Mountain Dew
haha

Marweas said:
Ok, but where's teh TEMPLE of Mountain Dew???? Why can't we all just get along?!
The world is our temple. We do not need objectifications of our worship. Simply by living and drinking Mountain Dew are we relieved of the stresses of humanity into a higher plane of existance. Join us Marweas, we'll even let you eat Pork.

I hereby break off the Church of Mountain Dew into a religion just about the same, only different by a few words and calories. The Church of Moon Mist

Colosus said:
The world is our temple. We do not need objectifications of our worship. Simply by living and drinking Mountain Dew are we relieved of the stresses of humanity into a higher plane of existance. Join us Marweas, we'll even let you eat Pork.

lets include the muslims on this one... pigs are feelin left out in that part of the world :p

Musashi said:
can someone give cliffs on the thread?

-archbishop complains to colosus about musashi's passion flash
-colosus sends witty reply
-colosus is congratulated
-archbishop shown to be some crazy hick
-rafa gets pissed off and makes e-threats
-fraidycat goes on a tangent about "offensive speech" being unlawful
-fraidycat admits he was wrong
-archbishop is amazed at the lack of respect to his title
-colosus tells archbishop off and names himself cardinal in the newly formed church of mountain Dew
-colosus is congratulated
-TW goes to hell

I'd like to take time to thank Shade for saving me from wading through the shit that this thread became in the 21 some odd pages.

Overall, very funny. :)

Back