MP3 capable cd player

JohnClark

Veteran XV
I'm not taking my comp back to school next semester so I'm looking for a good cd player that will play mp3 encoded discs. Anyone have any suggestions, the cheaper the better. Thanks.

Anything by iriver...no questions asked. They are by far the best MP3Cd players out there.

www.iriver.com

I have the SlimX, it is the shit...mp3's, windows media files, FM radio, sick options, firmware upgradeable (they are working on ogg vorbis), rechargable gumstick batteries, the player acts as the rechargerplus the player itself is VERY thin.

I highly recommend getting an iriver cd player.

I know of several people who have either the SlimX or the ChromeX and they all love them. Great players with tons of features. Personally, if I was to buy a cd player again, I would probably go with the SlimX simply because of the size.

Yeah, I've got the SlimX, and it rocks. Only problem with it is that you have to make sure to never use the remote's hold switch, because if you turn on hold while it's off, and hit the play button, it'll just display this picture that says "Hold" and keep beeping, and you can't turn it off no matter what you do, unless you go and take out the batteries. Other than that, which isn't that big a deal, it's the best, no contest. Also the most expensive though ($130 at Best Buy).

Mr. Meanor said:
Yeah, I've got the SlimX, and it rocks. Only problem with it is that you have to make sure to never use the remote's hold switch, because if you turn on hold while it's off, and hit the play button, it'll just display this picture that says "Hold" and keep beeping, and you can't turn it off no matter what you do, unless you go and take out the batteries. Other than that, which isn't that big a deal, it's the best, no contest. Also the most expensive though ($130 at Best Buy).
yours is defective, mine doesn't do that.

It beeps 3 times then shuts down.

Also, the rio volt is the imp-250, the slimx is the imp-350 and they're up to imp-550 which looks fucking crazy good (55 hours playback).

ill sell you my riovolt sp250 for like 85$... it retails at around 120$... its still in the package cause my last one broke and they replaced it for free, i bought an ipod and never opened the new one

altho can someone explain how i hook it up to upgrade firmware, i'm retarded and lost my manual

Thanks for the recomendations guys, but I was more looking for a multiple disc changer for a stereo set up, not a portable solution. Any ideas?

El Mariachi said:
my philips mp3/cd player SUCKS ASS because it only plays the first 50minutes of an mp3 (I have livesets on mp3 cds)

I don't have any songs that are that long thankfully.

Back