Moving to another country (london, UK)

Daredevil

Veteran XX
sooo

want to move to london in about 6-8 months for about a year, maybe more.

i know nothing on how to do this. has anyone on here moved from the states? Where do you do your research on where to find a place to live without ever seeing it? I could ramble on with tons of questions, but just wondering on any advice you guys could give me on how to take a step in the right direction.

or if anyone lives in london, where are the cool neighborhoods, any help here would be cool too

May be going to the UK for this new consulting job soonish too for like 6 months, think its a day after 6 months and you have to pay taxes.

My plan is wherever they send me, find what football team is big, then get a Man U jersey and say I love them because im American and they are so awesome.

It's cold, the women have bad teeth and beer bellies. Big brother government abound, can't even carry a knife. Hope you like tea. You'll need vitamin D supplements. The accent that you think is kind of hot right now will wear off after the first night and the women will sound like some sort of retarded fingernail running down a chalkboard.

not so many black people though, pretty much paradise.

are you established in some field? i would advocate finding a job before you get over there in any case, else it will be expensive as all get out

sounds like you have personal experience with this. :)

yeah I have personal experience with repeating verbatim the standard response every tribalwarrior has a duty to mention when speaking of long distance girlfriends

good work detective jomo, another case cracked

not so many black people though, pretty much paradise.

actually thats not true at all anymore. Stupid english libtards are importing them by the bucketload and getting their due. They have a pretty significant black crime problem, but they are so PC nobody can mention it.

I moved to Australia from the US. First thing to do, is look at visas. If you aren't part of the Commonwealth, be prepared to spend a lot of money on one. Depending on your age, you may be able to just get a working-holiday visa for a year. If not, you may have to get sponsored. I don't really know anything about UK's laws.

i would never move to london. had to suffer through 6 weeks of living downtown in a luxury 2 bedroom condo. worst 6 weeks of my life.

all the toilets are egg shaped. food is awful no matter where you go or how much you pay. everyone is used to a 3rd world standard of living. the streets are pretty much empty at night, and it's cold and rainy.

'Cool' parts of London are Hoxton, Shoreditch, Islington, Camden Town, Kentish Town, Chalk Farm and Stoke Newington. They are all equally grubby and downmarket also, most comparable to SoHo in NY.

The snobby parts of London are Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge, Belgravia and Mayfair.

The most white immigrant parts of London, largely on Commonwealth Visas i.e. Australians and South Africans, are in the South, Southwest and West; Putney, Fulham, Wandsworth, Hammersmith, Shepherds Bush and Clapham. Largely because they are the most affordable for early 20 somethings flatsharing. Shepherds Bush also has a large Arab population (as does Stoke Newington mentioned above).

The places you want to avoid are Hackney, Dalston, Peckham, some parts of Brixton, Lewisham, Camberwell and Bermondsey, although all of these have some nice bits.

Anything further out than Zone 2 on the tube map is pretty suburban and not exactly much fun.

However, like people have said, getting a visa is tough as hell for yanks I think. Probably the most cost effective way of doing it would be to go to University, I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Back