Moving to Alaska for the summer

Killer Angel

Veteran XX
So I am moving to Alaska for the summer to work for an adventure outfit giving wilderness tours from June to August. Should be great! Never been to Alaska but I am looking forward to it. I will be in Wasilla, and the trips will be going out from there. Anyone else live in that area?

You'll dig it. Wasilla is ok, if you like the freeway. Palmer is cooler, just up the road from there. You cannot pack enough deet. It's not possible. Can't be done. Take the amount of deet you think you'll need. Double that. Multiply by 7. That will maybe get you through June. :bigthumb:

true that on the deet

when my moms when to AK when she was young she mosquito sprayed everything but the part in her hair

with predictable results : (

how can you give tours of a place that you've never been to?

Sorry for this miss understanding. I will be an assistant guide. I know a lot about ecology and the animals already working at a zoo.

jealous ++

you went to africa or some oversea place as well right ?

and poway pat... hehe i like it.

Yeah, I was in Africa for 2 months in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania. Climbed Kilimanjaro and river rafted the Nile. Was epic.

This sounds awesome. I would love to do this :(

true that on the deet

when my moms when to AK when she was young she mosquito sprayed everything but the part in her hair

with predictable results : (

Isn't it a little early to be drunk posting?

You'll dig it. Wasilla is ok, if you like the freeway. Palmer is cooler, just up the road from there. You cannot pack enough deet. It's not possible. Can't be done. Take the amount of deet you think you'll need. Double that. Multiply by 7. That will maybe get you through June. :bigthumb:

he only needs it for 4-6 weeks (to deal with the worst of the worst), but yeah :eek:

when the mosquitos are really out that shit is scary

Last edited:
i live in anchorage. hyperlite flys thru from up north somewhere. what dates? sorry you're in wasilla. shitty bars out there. if you want to go out come into anchorage.

poe-varnish lives down in juneau. i haven't seen/heard from him in ages. not sure if there's anyone else on here from the 907.

bars in wasilla are open until 5am. but, the caveat is you can still smoke in bars out there. all bars in the municipality of anchorage do not allow smoking inside public places.

plus, wasilla is filled with a bunch of redneck inbred fucks.

Last edited:
plus, wasilla is filled with a bunch of redneck inbred fucks.

And with this statement, Snake appears to have won the thread. Unless someone has something really big to offer, that's it folks. Will has knocked this one out of the park. Goodnight.

Back