Moved: [Crock Pot] Chicken chili

PinkTacos

Veteran X
pretty easy dish you can set up before work that ve been doing for a couple months now,

youll need,

2 pounds chicken thighs, (boneless skinless)
4 cans pinto beans
4 cans white northern beans
1 medium-large can hominy, (i love hominy, so ill put the big can)
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can chicken broth
Various spices, i use garlic salt, cajun seasoning, chili powder
1 large onion

to start take a large skillet and put less then a table spoon of oil in, chop the large onion up and toss into the pan with the oil to carmalize a little bit, once onion is brown season your chicken how ever youd like, i usually cover both sides with chili powder and cajun seasoning, lay chicken on top of onion and let cook on each side covered for about 5 minutes on each side.

once the chicken is cooked through break it into little squares with your spatula

while chicken is cooking combine all beans and hominy in crockpot, pour chicken broth and enchilada sauce into crockpot as well,

once chicken is done throw all the contents of the skillet in (since it was covered there should be a nice broth in with the chicken and onions, pretty good depending on what spices you chose) to crockpot

let chili cook for 6-8 hours (longer is better, i work long shifts so sometimes im not home for 12+ hours) on low setting, when you stir the chili the chicken should break up and become stringy.

i usually heat up a tortilla and throw it in abowl, put a big scoop of chili in, then cover with whatever cheese i have

enjoy :)

wow data power trip some more you fucking faggot?

Too bad my epic power trips can't make you any less of a huge faggot.

Also, you ended a statement with a question mark because you're a fucking moron on top of being a dick-gargling megafag.

Too bad my epic power trips can't make you any less of a huge faggot.

Also, you ended a statement with a question mark because you're a fucking moron on top of being a dick-gargling megafag.

actually it waz a question dummy

oh shit, i thought i didnt press submit or something cause i couldnt find it in the cooking forum, sorry i posted this in wrong area

Spicy pork belly and tofu stew

1 onion
1 carrot
2 large radishes
6 oz tempura fish cake
6 oz pork belly
28 oz soft tofu
3 tbs spicy soy paste
3 tbs bonito soup base
1 anchovy teabag
chunk of ginger
6 cups of water

First chop up and bake all the veggies and protein covered at 325F for 3 hours. Steep the anchovy teabag, ginger and soup base in water for half an hour. Combine, add spicy bean paste to taste.

Back