[motorcycles] lane-splitting in socal

Vee

Veteran X
i made this a few years back with a homemade gas tank mount

thought i'd share, i think it gives you a good idea as to what it's like

skip passed the first 30 secs since the clip was never edited and i'm just sitting at a red light for a while

Thought that was only legal in CA if traffic is moving less than like 5mph, looks like its moving pretty good through most of that. Doesn't seem to be worth it, all it takes is someone like that grey Mazda 5 to not see you and pull out on you. Sure you probably won't die at that speed, but it will most definitely ruin you next few weeks/months.

i really enjoyed watching the video but i dunno how you would explain to me how doing it is not asking for trouble

People do this all the time in my state

and they usually die because none of our drivers use blinkers. (MA)

that's like saying owning a knife is asking for trouble when someone asks why you're running with it pointed at your face

People do this all the time in my state

and they usually die because none of our drivers use blinkers. (MA)

the only state this is legal in currently is ca (i'm from ma)

the rule is "if traffic is going less then 25mph you can share a lane up to 35mph"

like any law, it's flexable. cops in socal typically have bigger things to worry about. i've never been ticketed (or wrecked)

i didn't know the law was sub 25mph when i first started riding a bike out here and was doing it at 90mph... it was soooooooooo much fun

that's like saying owning a knife is asking for trouble when someone asks why you're running with it pointed at your face

so if you got side-swiped by a car while holding a knive vs. not it would make a difference?

riding a bike anywhere is dangerous. no doubt about it. knowing what you're doing and using your surroundings much more than the other vehicles around you is a different ball game. it's all about reading everyone else and preparing for the unexpected. i'm sure you could do it if you tried. (and weren't a total pussy irl)

If I see them, I always pull way to the side to give overtaking bikers as much room as possible.

What I would be paranoid at are the fuckwads that would do the opposite because they are mad at having to sit in traffic. Vee, have you seen this?

Edit: +rep for the vid

Reactions: Vee
Back