[Motorcycle] Tell me how cool I am

CrazyTexan

Veteran XV
I already about killed myself on it twisting the throttle hard in second and having the ass end go nuts. Such a nice bike but its going to take a long time to learn.

NEW
2007 Kawasaki ZX-14
3,571 miles
$7430 before TTL

zx-14-1x.jpg

zx-14-2.jpg

zx-14-3.jpg

zx-14-4.jpg

OLD - Still own
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
800 Miles
$3,995 before TTL

Ninja3.jpg

Ninja1.jpg

Ninja5.jpg

Ninja6.jpg

Last edited:
in before

shouldve got an xr50, you'll kill yourself on that thing
you'll kill yourself on that thing
amram hating on it
juggernaught talking about his cruiser
stilgar's senile ass adding something irrelevant
other trolling
etc.

edit: congrats though, looks fun

Last edited:
I had an 08 ninja 250 for a few months, sweet looking bike and good to learn on, but way too slow

might get another one this summer

I had an 08 ninja 250 for a few months, sweet looking bike and good to learn on, but way too slow

might get another one this summer

"too slow"? What fucking crotchrocket that isn't from WW2 too slow? I thought bikes were pretty damn quick overall.

not too bad. when i was deciding what to upgrade to back a few years ago, i went with the SV650S (and added the OEM fairings during the first winter) over the 650R.

what made you go with the kawi over the SV and FZ6?

it should be an alright first bike, and although the 650 twins make a good deal more grunt down low (less than ideal for learning), they're very predictable in comparison to the 600ss bikes.

and bonus points for going used -- i'm always amused when i hear of someone dropping their first bike (always happens) that they just bought brand new...

Orange you glad you got that color?

Actually no. I wanted blue but they dont make that color in the 08's. At some point I will probably get it painted. The red is growing on me though.

what made you go with the kawi over the SV and FZ6?

and bonus points for going used -- i'm always amused when i hear of someone dropping their first bike (always happens) that they just bought brand new...

I picked the 650R because I like a bike with fairings and I wanted a sport bike with an upright riding position vs leaning over on the tank. Also the 650R's are lower priced but with great reviews. I also don't care to go 140+ miles an hour.

Additionally I didn't want to buy anything too expensive in the event I slide it across the pavement.

I also picked up a HJC FS-15 Carbon helmet for $233 online.

HJC_FS-15_Carbon_Helmet_Carbon_zoom.jpg

I had an '07 650R and loved it, ended up selling it when i thought i was going to be moving out and my roommates leaving the area. Then got deployed and made enough money to pay off my car when i got back so i picked up another bike a few weeks ago. Went with the FZ6 this time, LOVE it

16854_305405786873_500076873_4467889_7574129_n.jpg

I had an '07 650R and loved it, ended up selling it when i thought i was going to be moving out and my roommates leaving the area. Then got deployed and made enough money to pay off my car when i got back so i picked up another bike a few weeks ago. Went with the FZ6 this time, LOVE it

16854_305405786873_500076873_4467889_7574129_n.jpg

These type bikes just look like someone stole your fairing :scared:

Yea. Definitely loving my fz1. boomer, have you done any twisties on it yet? :D

god getting the turns just right on a bike feels so gratifying...

Yea. Definitely loving my fz1. boomer, have you done any twisties on it yet? :D

god getting the turns just right on a bike feels so gratifying...
Nah still too cold up in the twisties here to go near it. Which is good since i was off a bike for a year and half anyway and not 100% confident anymore (only had one season under my belt prior to this). Put about 700 miles on it since i got it and feeling alot better about it though :bigthumb: just gotta get used to the turns and having the confidence to lean far enough into them. Although since its still wintery around here i'v found patches of sand and gravel from the sand trucks which cause you to pucker up rather quick.

Back