Motherboaaaard!

I'm trying to figure out why you'd contact customer support and am drawing a blank...

Built like 10 systems with their mb over the years and never any issues.

Website visit all I needed for bios update or what not.

If you can't manage their website you're pretty much an idiot and don't need to be building your own system.

The website used to be the biggest piece of worthless shit in existence, although it's been about 5 years since i've visited it.

If your board goes tits-up and and want to claim on the warranty maybe? Oh, and the p67 boards are brand new genius. Not too mention since they're brand new, and there is a rash of DOAs being reported, you might want to take customer support into consideration.

Last edited:
lol if its dead on arrival then u r dealing with the customer service of whatever company u bought or ordered it from.. not asus. and it wont matter if u got the asus or gigabyte

And if it goes tits-up in 6 months? Ding.

You can argue like fanboys, but they're notorious for crap customer support.

price or features
simple decision

although, you're mostly giving up just 2 USB 2.0 (6 versus 8), 1 eSATA 6Gb/s, and a Coax S/PDIF.

I'd go with the asus, in this case.

Ive used both Asus and GigaByte boards in several machines and was pleased with both. Can't really go wrong. Only suggestion I have is if you are planning on doing any overclocking look around for info on which one is more stable...you'll be happy with either one. Both companies make nice boards.

Back