Most overwhelming concert you've been to

off my phone :)

wasn't really the 'most overwhelming' concert, but it was a pretty good one.. probably all of 50 people in this little restaurant thingy, and a crazy man on stage with a guitar, kick drum & hi-hat going absolutely fucking nuts.

Radiohead in West Palm Beach 2002, but the most overwhelming entire concert was when I saw Death From Above 1979 w/ Queens of the Stone Age and Nine Inch Nails in Orlando in, I think, 2005.

U2 Elevation Tour in 2002
- cool extended stage set up allowing lots of the audience to be real close
- bought scalped tickets for the second row outside of the 'heart'

1st time I saw Opeth. 2 hours, 45 minutes and 8 songs. Half the time they just devolved into jam sessions that were just epic.

Pink Floyd, Texas Stadium, 1988.

A total assault on the senses. Best live performance I've ever seen (even without Waters), and I've seen a LOT of concerts.

The first Kiss reunion tour (95-96?) and Rush on their "Roll the Bones" tour would both vie for #2.

Gigantour by far. Children of Bodom, Job for a Cowboy, In Flames and Megadeth were all in one concert in a concrete building. AWESOME. I yearn for another concert to be as awesome.

bob dylan and phil lesh and friends

the stage turned into a giant skull and a tongue of blood rolled out onto the crowd. It was awesome.

Back