most horrid food you've ever had?

The first time I ever ate sushi, I ordered a platter of various types of sushi so I could give it all a try. There was this one roll made layer of rice then a layer of these transparent orange geletin fish egg things.. the whole thing was wrapped in sea weed and pasted together with wasabi.

Yuck... I'm not a big fish fan to begin with, but those eggs were nothing but super concentrated fish flavored water in a gel cap. And I fucking hate wasabi.

i went to a chinese restaurant in japan only to have japanese-made chinese food.

eggrolls has octopuss or squid in it...fuckin sickest shit evar

lutefisk_02.jpg

that's a pic of it...not the best though

i should take some pictures of that slime next time theres some scandinavian function going on...i swear there's a higher amount of scandinavians around here than anywhere besides minnesota/wisconsin

Sea Urchin

Yes, Sea Urchin.

I had it as sushi at this local place.

And while everything else was excellent, this almost didn't make it down. I couldn't even taste it, it was just the texture that made it so bad.

It's very soft and it melts in your mouth and here's a pic

sushi_uni.jpg

it didn't look exactly like that though - mine was a little more yellow and it was one large piece in the roll

I don't think i'd ever do it again, but i've been back to that same place and had other things and they were all amazing.

CaptainZero said:
The first time I ever ate sushi, I ordered a platter of various types of sushi so I could give it all a try. There was this one roll made layer of rice then a layer of these transparent orange geletin fish egg things.. the whole thing was wrapped in sea weed and pasted together with wasabi.

Yuck... I'm not a big fish fan to begin with, but those eggs were nothing but super concentrated fish flavored water in a gel cap. And I fucking hate wasabi.

wasabi is the only way i can manage to eat certain kinds of sushi

CaptainZero said:

heh yes the same night i tried that... and i'll tell you the sea urchin is worse

ib2038_04.jpg

this may sound weird but...a lot of kinds of sushi are like some movies....i have to try them a few times before i really like them :shrug:

oh and anal sex w/ fraggle is same way :D

I like how he chose "most horrid food you've ever had?" instead of "most horrid thing youve ever eaten" as in hope to not turn it instantly into "your mom"

Oh shit I just remember: Pulque in Mexico City.

"Pulque is a milky, slightly foamy and somewhat viscous beverage made by fermenting (not distilling) the fresh sap of certain types of Maguey."

While it tasted okay, it looked like semen and went down like cold snot. I couldn't stand driking more than a few sips. It just.... didn't feel right.

Flaxseed oil is another one. One of the worst tasting, puke inducing things on the planet.

Sift said:
Oh shit I just remember: Pulque in Mexico City.

"Pulque is a milky, slightly foamy and somewhat viscous beverage made by fermenting (not distilling) the fresh sap of certain types of Maguey."

While it tasted okay, it looked like semen and went down like cold snot. I couldn't stand driking more than a few sips. It just.... didn't feel right.
:gag:

tacos de cesos

aka brain tacos

gray matter has a distinctive flavor and just thinking about the texture/consistency just makes me gag.

Back