Molten Core is a pain

Fool

Whiny Bitch
Veteran XX
40 man raid, we port in and find out that 15 of them had raided the Core on Monday. So they couldn't port in (there's a 6 day reset period). Well the 25 remaining people decided to try to take on the two fire giants (62 elites) and man did they put the hurt on us. We only got one of them to 10% before the rest were wiped out.

So lets make this a thread of tips and tricks.

Our guild has sent as much runecloth to the rogues for bandages, once a rogue starts taking hits, they jump back and start bandaging themselves, we've also stockpiled Greater fire protection potions, and are loading ourselves up on FP gear.

i kinda laugh when i hear how bad alliance is at instances

when ive seen them doing raid instances (even stratholme for christs sakes but mainly UBRS) theyve needed 20 odd people to handle the instance

what the hell is up with that? a group of 14 took onyxia down to about 94%. they had 7 rogues. no mages OR warlocks.

It goes both ways Bodom. Last night 23 horde (12 shaman) raided stratholme and got wiped.

Bodom said:

when ive seen them doing raid instances (even stratholme for christs sakes but mainly UBRS) theyve needed 20 odd people to handle the instance

what the hell is up with that? a group of 14 took onyxia down to about 94%. they had 7 rogues. no mages OR warlocks.

Yeah, I guess it is because everyone who plays Horde are genetically superior due to the fact that they are literally non-human species as opposed to those who play the Alliance. Yes, that makes perfect sense. The Horde and Alliance are different species. Yes, that's definitely it.

LogRoller said:
Yeah, I guess it is because everyone who plays Horde are genetically superior due to the fact that they are literally non-human species as opposed to those who play the Alliance. Yes, that makes perfect sense. The Horde and Alliance are different species. Yes, that's definitely it.
or how the different classes work together

i'd like to think its because every one of us is a better player though.

one of the hunters or shamans is always in charge of watching for the Eye of Naraxxus

theyre gay.

on a side note i wonder how our MC raids went tonight. Elitist Jerks held one (renamed Hooligan Syndicate), Goon Squad (newly reformed) had one and so did a pubby group

How do you get past the third pull or so? the one with the Firelord in front of the two giants, we can clear everything else on that cliff, but trying to pull the firelord brings in the two giants behind him.

Sweet we just found a bug, You can put priests/mage/shamans, any of them into a crack in the wall. and if the big giants aggro them, they can't reach them. They bug out when their heads get stuck in the wall. But, they Don't go into evade mode.

heh, we found this out when we wiped and the priest backed up into the wall, they stopped attacking, and he was able to res everyone. After that we called it quits, everyone's armor was broken. :(

Last edited:
I think it's extremely comical when afflicted by living bomb (spell that blows you up into the air/does dmg to people around you), to go around doing /yell ALLAH ACKBAR!!!! before you get blown up.

Where do you get that Debuff protoss? Never heard of it.

Next best thing, is when we saw the room with "unstable corpses" in the room, we went "Oh its all non-elites" we'll just throw a sheild on the amge and AE them all, so....

a small fireball towards the back of the room to draw as many as possible, pulled them to the ledge, and spammed the Arcane explosion.

Our dead bodies we're shortly flying all over the room.

Bodom said:

How hard can it be to press the frost shock hotkey? :roller:

Bodom said:

By the way, this statement is complete bullshit. There are good alliance players, good horde players, and shit players on both. A good example of this would be the horde on archimonde compared to the alliance on archimonde. Alliance on archimonde have gotten deep into MC, whereas nurfed just got their first kill on lucifron (a ridiculously easy boss), on saturday.

Back