Mezmerize (new System of a Down album)

Shade

Veteran X
Just came out today! I'm on track 6 so far, and I'm fucking LOVING it.

I always loved Daron's voice.. I'm really glad that he's a lot more present in the mix. His singing on #5 (Radio/Video) gave me the chills. What an awesome song :eek:

I was reading their official website's forums yesterday.. a ton of the people were complaining about how Daron is having an ego trip and Serj is buried in all the songs. Eh! I love it. Supposedly they're putting out another album soon called Hypnotize as well... we'll see :) Maybe Mezmerize is Daron's album and Hyponotize is Serj's?

Yeah I've had it for a week or so and it's really good. I'm really impressed with it.

If anyone is a fan of their other work, you'll definitely want to pick this up.

SOAD is one of my fav bands, I have yet to pick this one up because I'm a poor college student but I plan on it.

i have been listening to this for a couple weeks now and i am 100% sure i will be adding this to my permanent collection very soon.

sop shadez

i like the album too. i am not in love with it, but mesmerize and the new team sleep album have been exchanging time in my cars cd player for a bit now. i dont like the guitarists vocals as much, but i think they blend very well with the lead vox. daron's voice is a little whiny for me, but not to the point where i can't listen. there is some amazing guitar and drum work on the album. i look forward to the next.

and, this isn't ofn. the album came out today. congrats on being a e-thug niggerfaggotomgbbqciafbi fuckhole who got it like the rest of us 2 weeks ago; way to be a teenager on the internet. support them if u like them, and don't if you dont. but it's fagit to come in and cry ofn and not discuss the topic.

let's hear your opinion of the album, not your one inch rock hard epeen screaming how cool you are for finding a torrent.

thx.

I am extremely disappointed with this album. I got it like 2 weeks ago, and well, it's just... pop-ish. I don't like it at all. They used to have a decent sound, but this is just... crap :(

I was really looking forward to it. Maybe hyponotize will be better. At least, I'm hoping so.

Mr.Beverage said:
they lost me at cocain crazy or whatever the hell that song was called

That's Psycho from Toxicity. That's kind of surprising... while the vocals on that song weren't the best, the outro/solo was incredible. I think you should load it up and fast forward towards the end... the solo saves that song IMO :)

Also, I suggest checking out Steal This Album if you haven't heard it yet. There are a lot more melodic songs on it. Supposedly, Steal This Album was a collection of songs they discarded while writing for Toxicity. Roulette is very sweet :)

Back