Metro PCS cell phone plans...

Notorious

Veteran XX
Since search is disabled, I just came across this plan from Metro PCS stating:

MetroPCS Local and Long Distance Calling Plan
Unlimited local calls - talk all you want!
FREE Unlimited Long Distance within the 48 contiguous states!
First month of service and activation fees are included
No credit checks or contracts required

Monthly Fee only $40.00

It LOOKS like a damn good deal, anyone have this plan? Are there any catches involved, cause this blows my current contract with Alltel out of the water..i'm getting ripped. Also for those of you who have it, are you happy with your plan?

i have it in atlanta, it's good when you are in their service area, if you don't travel much it works great.

I'm just using it for now to save on the bills...

Fubar said:
i have it in atlanta, it's good when you are in their service area, if you don't travel much it works great.

So does this mean if you're in your "serivice area" (your city) you can call anywhere in the USA for free?

FREE Unlimited Long Distance within the 48 contiguous states!

If you are in YOUR coverage area it rocks, My bill never goes over 40 dollars. Call anywhere, anytime.

Fubar said:

Metro PCS works great in atlanta saving me a ton not paying bellsouth as well. just watch out niggers sign up for this and they dont tell thier friends they got a new number.

Nahaj said:
Metro PCS works great in atlanta saving me a ton not paying bellsouth as well. just watch out niggers sign up for this and they dont tell thier friends they got a new number.

yes that does suck for the first couple of weeks. no this isn't his number, but the calls do subside. But what do you expect for a cell phone service that does not do a contract or credit check...

Fubar said:
yes that does suck for the first couple of weeks. no this isn't his number, but the calls do subside. But what do you expect for a cell phone service that does not do a contract or credit check...
We got those up here (in wa state) They're called 'pay as you go' plans, they're treated like the bastard child of the cell industry.

I used to have it. I didn't use it enough to justify $40 per month though. If you do not travel much then it is a sweet deal. The catch is that the deal is only good in their serving areas. If you are out of the area then it won't work or you pay extra. I don't understand why most people don't use it. The phones do kinda suck but I think you can get your own phone set up on it if you have one already. Also now you get to keep your existing phone number with it.

The pay as you go are different. That is actually what I have now. I opted for Tracphone's $15 per month deal though. I keep the phone number alive if I don't use all the time I purchased in the alotted 3 months. That has happened too. (I don't use it much.) Also when I do buy a card the time is doubled. So I buy a 120 min card and I get 240 min. I do that like once every few months and I am good. I cancel the $15 per month plan also if I am going to be using it for sometime then go back one just before I decide to buy more time :D

Last edited:
Back