Messenger popups

if your'e talking about winblows messenger service. go into control panel -> Administraitive tools -> Services -> Messenger -> Right click -> Properties -> Startup Type -> "Disabled"

this might not be exacly this same, it's how it's done under 2k. and I"m sure by the time I'm finished typing this, someone else would of already posted the answer twice

don't lie to us, dont try and make it like its windows fault. youre fucking retarded and you got virus/spyware SHIT right after a clean install. people like you make me sick

I'm always amazed at the amount of reformatting that goes on with members of tribalwar.com/forums

KoPoT said:
don't lie to us, dont try and make it like its windows fault. youre fucking retarded and you got virus/spyware SHIT right after a clean install. people like you make me sick

:rolleyes:

KoPoT said:

messenger service is a service for sending and recieving network messages. now a days on the intenet people sendout messages to as many IP's as they can. It IS a part of windowsNT that's enabled by default

I am going to hijack this thread instead of starting a new one.

I've just formatted and installed XP on a quite old machine. It's got a 30 GB HDD : 10 GB for C: and 20 GB for D:

The new OS is installed on C:, it's running fine and displays 9 and something GB in My Computer. I do see my D: drive there too, but whenever I hover or try to click on the icon, the HDD will start to 'scan' until I close the My Computer window, Explorer will then crash.

C: has been converted to NTFS during the format, whereas D: is probably still FAT32. I don't mind losing the data that was in it, I just want to be able to access and use it.

What should I do :O?

edit : I want to mention I'd like a best case scenario where I get to keep the data in D: ;o

KoPoT said:
This guy put it the wrong way, but:

A naked win 2000/xp machine on the internet will be owned within 10 minutes, which is too short a time to get patched. The general method now is to enable the XP firewall, then connect to the internet, install all critical patches only (i.e. don't do windows media player 9 yet), restart, then go to patch the rest.

Barbarian said:
This guy put it the wrong way, but:

A naked win 2000/xp machine on the internet will be owned within 10 minutes, which is too short a time to get patched. The general method now is to enable the XP firewall, then connect to the internet, install all critical patches only (i.e. don't do windows media player 9 yet), restart, then go to patch the rest.

or don't directly connect to the internet (go through another computer/router)

Back