[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

“The leaks are absolutely real, the news is fake.”

and you wonder why people laugh at him and don't take him seriously

Obviously the leaking of the substance of the intercepts is illegal, but what support do you have for the assertion that the actual intercepts were illegally recorded?

After Obama legislation and Snowden revelations, I don't think anyone has a solid grasp on what is 'legal' or not in regards to surveillance(let alone how the much power anyone actually has to hold the IC to any laws). There was no apparent warrant for the Flynn wiretaps that were leaked. However, Obama codified unconstitutional warrantless surveillance into NDAA and just issued an EO allowing access to the surveillance to outside government agencies before leaving the WH. So maybe it is technically 'legal' if you aren't going by the constitution or Supreme Court decisions.

Trump is missing the point if he cares about the leaking rather than the unconstitutional collection process. I'm actually in favor of the leaks--the 'crime' should be the mass-collection or politically motivated collection of surveillance data, and the outrage should be over the implications of the state doing so with impunity. Despite it likely being intended as a political takedown, the leaks themselves do still promote transparency.

The leaks confirm the fact that unelected figures in the IC are acting as a shadow government, waging political assassination attempts. They confirm that Flynn, like every other politician, is a liar(did Obama ask for Clapper's resignation btw? cant remember). They also confirm that lefties who claim to be democratic will cheer on the abuse of the surveillance state if it appears to undermine the results of an election that doesn't go their way.

motherjones-1487096501-540x236.png

Obama was far worse on surpressing whistleblowers than any other president in history, although he did conveniently overlook such leaks that positively influenced elections in his favor. Same bullshit, but now prog dipshits have decided to come out of 8 years of moral comatose to lecture everyone else about hypocrisy.

The Leakers Who Exposed Gen. Flynn's Lie Committed Serious -- and Wholly Justified -- Felonies
Obama Expands Surveillance Powers on His Way Out | Electronic Frontier Foundation

I don't know any alt-righters or where they stand on whistleblowing. I do however know that prog lefties should be the last ones to lecture them about it.

I wonder what other 200 year old laws nobody's ever been convicted of the Left will try to use to end the Trump presidency.

How about 15 U.S.C. §§330a & 330d, which makes it a federal crime to attempt to change the weather without telling the Secretary of Commerce. It might be a bit complicated though, you'd probably have to get the Secretary of Commerce to admit he had not been told.

Hmm, it might be easiest to go with 40 U.S.C. §8103(b)(4), which makes it a federal crime to injure a government-owned lamp. Surely someone in Trump's administration has broken a lamp in the last month and lied about it to maintenance.

Back