[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread v2

Nah man I live where elections are actually decided and I haven't bumped into a religious conservative the entire time I've lived in Canada. I'd love to meet one but they don't exist here.
They do, most of the conservative support there is comes from the religious conservatives.

They do, most of the conservative support there is comes from the religious conservatives.
No it comes from people like myself. Agnostic fiscally minded working men and business owners. You know this because if you pay attention you'll notice that religious topics aren't election issues in Canada.

No it comes from people like myself. Agnostic fiscally minded working men and business owners. You know this because if you pay attention you'll notice that religious topics aren't election issues.
Because they aren’t allowed to talk about religious topics as it scares away the progressive or more moderate conservatives. The party split for just this reason a couple decades ago.

Because they aren’t allowed to talk about religious topics as it scares away the progressive or more moderate conservatives. The party split for just this reason a couple decades ago.
So nobody talks about religious topics and they aren't election issues. Interesting take bro.

So nobody talks about religious topics and they aren't election issues. Interesting take bro.
I just checked. Abortion regulation has been dropped from the party. I’ll think about voting for them, but I live in an amongst these people who believe in this shit, and I’d be pretty angry to see it come back.

I just checked. Abortion regulation has been dropped from the party. I’ll think about voting for them, but I live in an amongst these people who believe in this shit, and I’d be pretty angry to see it come back.
Where do you live again? Ontario has by far the most conservative voters in the country and their issues aren't of a religious variety at all.

Scheer and O'toole didn't get my vote but Pierre definitely will.

Where do you live again? Ontario has by far the most conservative voters in the country and their issues aren't of a religious variety at all.

Scheer and O'toole didn't get my vote but Pierre definitely will.
Ontario has the most voters in the country. Full stop.
Everywhere west of Ontario is blue, except the greater Vancouver area, Victoria, and parts of Kelowna. Most of the rest is the thick of the Bible Belt. Some parts are progressive conservative like Calgary and Edmonton. But for the most part if you’re outside of the big city, it’s 10 kids, church groups, anti abortion protests, and douche trucks.

I'm not doubting the existence of a religious conservative element in Canada I'm just saying it's not a driver of politics in this country. Clearly they aren't in significant enough numbers for politicians to tailor their platforms to, right?

There are plenty of churchgoers here too but I sense there's a barrier between their faith and their politics. Just observational on my part, living amongst them.

Trucks are cool. Kids are cool. Working class family people deserve respect.

I'm not doubting the existence of a religious conservative element in Canada I'm just saying it's not a driver of politics in this country. Clearly they aren't in significant enough numbers for politicians to tailor their platforms to, right?

There are plenty of churchgoers here too but I sense there's a barrier between their faith and their politics. Just observational on my part, living amongst them.

Trucks are cool. Kids are cool. Working class family people deserve respect.
I own a truck. Religious conservatives I bet make up half the right wing voters and MP’s, maybe slightly less. You’d probably be shocked if the real number was published.
“According to its most recent census in 2021, which provided general data on the country's religious composition, 63.2 percent of the population self-identified as Christian”

I know there are religious people in Canada. But you were talking about "religious conservative politics" specifically and my assertion is that our conservatives don't pander to that.

I know there are religious people in Canada. But you were talking about "religious conservative politics" specifically and my assertion is that our conservatives don't pander to that.
The large part of the right voting populations and MP’s do believe in it, probably almost half. It’s a thing. Its always been a thing with that party, and will always be a thing.

The large part of the right voting populations and MP’s do believe in it, probably almost half. It’s a thing. Its always been a thing with that party, and will always be a thing.
Ok but if it doesn't influence the political platforms why would it prevent you voting for Conservatives again? What changed for you that you voted for Scheer and The Tool but won't vote for Pierre?

The religious right are very kind people they definitely won't bump u and if they do they will apologize and vote Trudeau

It's the Canadian way

Ok but if it doesn't influence the political platforms why would it prevent you voting for Conservatives again? What changed for you that you voted for Scheer and The Tool but won't vote for Pierre?
The overturning of Roe vs Wade in the US and how popular it was in and amongst the conservatives here.
It absolutely does influence politics in Canada, heavily, just because you don’t notice it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. We don’t vote for the party leader here either, we vote for an MP, so even if I wanted to vote for Pierre, it’s not going to happen.
I didn’t like Harper’s economic plans either. He increased taxes for me substantially in an backstabbing fashion by claiming my work parking spot was a taxable benefit, even though I shared it with roughly 50 other employees, and there was no public transit option. And I didn’t like the GST reduction, the economy was doing fine without the reduction, and all of a sudden we aren’t paying off the national debt like we were under the liberals.

Back