Medieval Total War

Blaze

Veteran X
Worth the money? I like strategy games but i genereally spend what time I have on Strike Fighters, IL-2, and Falcon 4.

are you nuts? you can play this game for all f*cking eternity. you got like 15 different nations and each one can be played any limitless number of ways.

BUY IT. NOW.

fuck dat, the big battles are f'ing lame cus u can only have 12 or whatever troups out at once, and so can they. ghey

logmans said:
fuck dat, the big battles are f'ing lame cus u can only have 12 or whatever troups out at once, and so can they. ghey

you can have 16 units of variable amounts in a battle...up the troop # and you're talking a few thousand sprites

it runs bad enough as it is...

also i dont even play battles anymore. the AI is too stupid to be worthwhile, and it doesnt run very good on my mid-level computer.

so i just play the campaign map, auto-resolving battles. the experience is more akin to what a king/emperor would have, instead of a general...i find it much more enjoyable. doesn't take as long, either; a series of four battles can take up to five hours (!) to complete.

you tell your troops where to go, and your armies decide how it ends.

I always auto resolved my battles. And I cheated. And I still got well over 100 hours of gameplay with it....

It's a deep game - go with free's suggestion.

yea

the sprites look pretty good but the performance isn't cool..

wish it looked like shogun so it'd run like shogun (aka butter smooth)

free said:
also i dont even play battles anymore. the AI is too stupid to be worthwhile, and it doesnt run very good on my mid-level computer.

so i just play the campaign map, auto-resolving battles. the experience is more akin to what a king/emperor would have, instead of a general...i find it much more enjoyable. doesn't take as long, either; a series of four battles can take up to five hours (!) to complete.

you tell your troops where to go, and your armies decide how it ends.

Yeah I used to play the battles, but once you start sending like more than one full stack to battle, you fuck yourself by fighting it. I wanted to cry as my vikings were busy routing the french off the field, as their knights come rolling into town right where their bloody broken units were fleeing. And being chased. :(

The result was bad. Buy the game, and let the AI fight fer yah.

yea man that totally sucks...

when i played battles i'd build small but super-elite armies, and the AI would send like 6000 men against my 900..

the end result was like 2300 causualties for them, but my guys would get so fucking tired from fighting endlessly that they'd get chewed up by the enemies fresh reinforcements or they'd run away..

sucked :p

heh i could take 3000 + guys with 200 pikemen and 40 knights :p And ya, thats the problem with the big battles. ur guys all chase and then the reinforcements show up. it takes to much effort to keep em all under control

Back