Meanwhile in Portland

that was a quick 4 years..

How is it that the state and city government officials are still in office for openly violating the Constitution and their oath of office?

Easy. They started fucking up the city years ago. Slowly, people just moved out.
Then, the city started just letting criminals do what they want. (I think it's on purpose to empty out the downtown for development but that is not proven)

Anyway, the people left don't have a clue. The only people with power left in town are law firms. They have hired private security firms. That will be who protects the new development. The city pockets all the cash they save to invest in "villages" for the addicts and folks down on their game.

Wicked cycle. I think Portland is a great place to watch for others who do not want a similar fate to befall their towns.

Starts with getting light on crime. That's your clue about what is to follow. Watch your DA elections like a hawk ;)

Last edited:
A sad Portland story I watched yesterday....

I was driving into work. Along the route is a hotel. Imagine a Residence Inn.
The thing is - it dide. Closed down. So, the city grabbed it and is now putting up drug/down on their luck families in there.

I was in the Jeep and there were 5 kids out on the busy road side. Not even at the hotel. I'd say the group ranged in age from 11 to 6. 4 girls and one boy about 6.

They were all on their own. No supervision. I think they were all family.

One of the girls decided to go back to the hotel. She dropped her backpack in a McDonald's parking lot. The oldest girl yelled "The bus is coming"

A short bus just pulled over on the main busy road and slowed traffic. Blinkers on in the right lane.

The girl heading back to the hotel screamed "Tell them to wait".
She doesn't understand how schedules work.

So, the bus pulls up. Then, kids started getting off. Some stayed.
Some of the kids were frustrated. They were pissed. A little girl and the little boy got back off the bus. They were screaming at the old hotel. It was about 150 yards away. No possible way anyone could hear.

Ended up delaying the bus and traffic for about 10 minutes. The older girl got off the bus and retrieved the backpack laying in the lot. The little kid, probably the little brother watching after his sister - just bowed his head and started marching back to the "hotel" with his head down. All by himself. He looked like Kenny from Southpark with his head inside his jacket.

I imagined the two kids getting back to their room. A woman who is their "mom". She probably shot up the moment they went out the door thinking they were gone for the day. Them, being left to themselves. Maybe even with someone that's was angry with them for not getting on the bus.

Portland is truly fucked. The entire country is fucked if this is going on everywhere. And, it is.

I started to think about how many lives this one person, "the mom" has involved in her selfish behavior. Bad choices. She gets support for each of those kids. She uses that money to buy drugs. She gets almost free lodging.
Might have a violent or predatory "boyfriend". The kids turn into her. At the very least, they have an absolutely horrible childhood and turn to crime and vice early.

Not to mention the money required for all the support services. The traffic being held up. The extra risk of crashes or kids getting hit by cars etc.

It was a sad little scenario that is way too common.

Would it be better to put those kids in new homes? That's a roll of the dice too.

The obvious answer is: Don't do drugs. Don't have kids if you are not a responsible parent. But - what do we do when that ship has set sail?

One thing that would help - pulling the fucking bus up to the hotel/residence for all of them. Honk the fucking horn when you are ready lo leave. Annoy all the junkies. The bus/school system is just as dumb.

Anyway, it was a small little 10 minute section of a day from one little perspective but it was not positive. Nowhere near positive. I am not sure anyone else noticed. Certainly no one cared. Maybe the bus driver. They noticed.

Just a vignette of PDX.

Such a sad story to read. All those kids left to fend for themselves and more to come every year. Spaying and neutering drug addicts came to mind, but it's a horrible thing to do to people and I doubt it would help anyway.

Portland awarded $12M clean energy contract to executive with long history of financial misdeeds, unpaid taxes

Over the last 25 years, Linda Woodley has served time in prison for defrauding energy companies and pocketing the proceeds.

She’s racked up millions of dollars in liens for unpaid federal or state taxes in Oregon and two other states, including a six-figure penalty filed earlier this year.
57WIQS7HPFAQJORD3RVZY2PQYY.png

That looks like a remake of the 'Brady Bunch - Woke and Useless' version

I could not imagine a worse looking group of people to be in charge of anything, the only thing missing is green and pink hair.

Portland issues just 15 of the 476 emergency housing vouchers sent in June
— The federal government sent hundreds of housing vouchers to Portland to help people displaced by the pandemic or other factors, however, nearly all of them are going unused.

I hope that whatever timothy mcveigh thing you have planned with your kkk friends will not involve me

Yup. Had to happen.
f494f574-68c4-4c84-9895-135f01c0eb96-Lethalforceauthorizedsigncaptioed.jpg

7671c1a1-e1f8-4850-ab0b-65018790959e-Armedtenants3captioned.jpg

Defund the police and people do their thing.

Lefties flipping out....
Is that legal? Can they do that? Isn't the landlord responsible if there is a shooting?
Blah blah

Drew and Ellen Flint live nearby. They say it's become quite an attraction with people.

“We are a tourist destination now. They, tenants, over there are wonderful people. Nothing wrong with them. It’s just funny,” Drew said.

sounds like they're reeeing real hard about it great post brasstax

They started fucking up the city years ago. Slowly, people just moved out.

The current metro area population of Portland in 2022 is 2,197,000, a 1.06% increase from 2021.
The metro area population of Portland in 2021 was 2,174,000, a 1.07% increase from 2020.
The metro area population of Portland in 2020 was 2,151,000, a 1.13% increase from 2019.
The metro area population of Portland in 2019 was 2,127,000, a 1.09% increase from 2018.

Portland Metro Area Population 1950-2022 | MacroTrends

Back